[ forty-seven ]

"Damn it, what were those two thinking?"

"You know those girls well, there's no stopping them when they're set on doing something."

Jean heaves a loud sigh, his eyes focused on Eren's seemingly calm expression. "... Aren't you worried about them?"

The brunet shrugs his shoulders, "I know what they're capable of, so not really. They did tell me to send you guys after them for backup, though."

"Mhm... And you're not coming with us?"

Eren stares at Jean, then he scans the crowd for any signs of Erwin's presence. He spots the tall blond, luckily he was far away from them so if they leave, the boss won't notice anything. Eren then turns to Jean.

"... Can I?"

The armed man rolls his eyes as he hooks an arm around Eren's shoulder.

"Let's go."

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

"You're not dead."

Farlan lets out a small scoff, holding both of his hands up for Levi to see. The patient doesn't move the gun away from the soldier's head though.

"Clearly." The dark-haired man deadpans. His eyes stop and look at (Y/n)'s state for a couple of seconds, his gaze softening seeing her fatigued state.

Farlan was quick to notice Levi's attention focused on the doctor. He swiftly moves his head to the side as he grabs both (Y/n)'s shoulders and dragged her to the side along with him, both of them successfully dodging the bullet from Levi's gun.

Levi hissed; he pulled the trigger too late.

"Don't touch me!" (Y/n) attempts to shove Farlan away. Her weak attempts were useless though, as it was before.

"Stay fucking put, will y--" Levi lands a punch straight to the side of Farlan's face, Now off his balance, (Y/n) breaks away from his grasp and falls to the ground now that she didn't have anything to hold on to.

Levi forcefully hauls Farlan further away from his psychiatrist when he tries to reach for her. "I'll deal with him," Levi says, "Don't do anything, just stay there."

(Y/n) watches Farlan struggling to get up from the floor due to the impact he suffered from Levi's throw. " What are you going to do to him, Levi?"

The patient pauses his movement. Levi locks eyes with Farlan, who, in return, scowled at him.

"Will you stop me if I try to kill him?"

"Hah, you?"

(Y/n) looks at Farlan with her eyes blown wide. There's no one to stop the two from going all out against each other. Farlan was already standing on his two feet as he glared at Levi.

"... Killing me? A neurotic son of a bitch sure likes to dream big, huh?"

Farlan... (Y/n) is still having a hard time processing everything. Farlan wasn't anything like this before. The Farlan she knew would never talk like that or act like... this.

Or she just wasn't made aware of the things he'd do when she's nowhere near him.

"What a delusional fucking lunatic. This is the guy you're trying to save, (Y/n)?" Farlan chuckles as he points a finger while he looks at the girl on the ground. "Oh don't worry, Zackley. I'll finish him off then we can finally go back to our friends. Doesn't that sound wonderful?"

"You're the one behind everything, aren't you?"

The change in Farlan's expression wasn't evident, but (Y/n) saw right through his smile. It was as if a completely different man was using the shell of her close friend.

"I don't think I know what you're talking about, darling."

(Y/n)'s teeth gnashed together, her mind now fully aware of what was happening.

"The security failures, this breach... All because of your doing."

"See, this is what you get for staying with that maniac for too long," Farlan rolls his eyes and sighs, "you don't even know what you're saying anymore, doctor... What I'm gonna do next is best for you--"

"Can I know why?" (Y/n)'s voice lowered just enough for it to reach Farlan's ears. She watches as his smile got even bigger.

"You."

(Y/n)'s vibrating fists wrinkled her top. Farlan's unwavering stare only amplified the dread in her chest.

"ꈼꀰꈼꌅꐞꋖꍩꂑꋊꁅ ꂑ ꂠꂦ ꂑꌚ ꄞꂦꌅ ꐞꂦꐇ, (ꐞ/ꋊ)."

Farlan notices Levi taking a step forward, and sneers.

"I'm sorry, but your first attempt at trying to kill me didn't go exactly as you've planned. Are you sure you wanna try again?"

"Levi." (Y/n) calls out to the man whose eyes are currently filled with bloodlust.

"Make it quick. The others are gonna be here soon...

... And don't fail this time."

Levi smirks.

| E | N | D | N | O | T | E | short chapter cus the next one is long ehe </3