[ four ]

This man...

Oh, how (Y/n) wanted to look away from his deadly stare.

Why could she not?

It felt like she was locked in place. How was he able to do this to her?

Is this how he kills his victims?

Levi chuckles at the seemingly stunned girl.

"But, I don't blame you. It's your stuck-up boss who decided this shit, anyway." He stated, now fully calm. He leans back as his gaze drifted to the four, unmoving bodyguards.

(Y/n)'s mind was blank. She wasn't able to respond to the man. However, when she processed what just happened, her mind focused on one question: Why?

With that simple word, she already formed questions that began to make her curious more.

How is he like this?

Why is he like this?

What caused him to be like this?

Just who is Levi Ackerman?

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| 2:45 p.m. ||

"You need something, (Y/n)?"

A redhead approached the psychiatrist with a smile on her face once she entered the research department. (Y/n) smiled back at her, waving.

"I just need to go through some files." (Y/n) responds. Isabel grins, putting an arm around the older female. "I can help ya with that! Which files do you want?" The two started walking to the file room, (Y/n) smiling at the other workers as they passed by.

"I was hoping I could get more about my new patient?"

Isabel glanced at the taller girl. "Your new patient? You mean Levi Ackerman?" She queries.

"I think Mina's team was the one who finished research on him, they just passed the report yesterday actually." Isabel opens the door to the file room and went to the shelf to her left, with (Y/n) just waiting for her to look for the file.

"Ah, here they are!" Isabel pulls out a long white folder from tbe shelf, handing it over to the taller female. "All his criminal records and current conditions are enlisted there in full detail. If you need some footages we spotted him in, then just ask!" She explains while (Y/n) opens the folder, shocked by the number of pages inside it.

"How's your other patient by the way?" Isabel sits on a nearby chair as she spoke.

"She's making progress, but she still needs to be monitored."

"That's great then! You think she can handle herself without medication?"

(Y/n) looks up from the papers for a second before she replies.

"She still needs them, actually... but she's almost at that point. One thing I can't let her do as of now is interact with the other patients too much." The (h/c)-haired girl turned her attention to the papers once again, running her eyes down the encoded words about Levi's life before he entered Area 104.

"So she still has her guards with her everytime she wants to go out of her cell and out on the fields?" "Yeah. I can't risk anything yet."

(Y/n) silently reads Levi's files, finding herself more disturbed as she continued going through his records. When Isabel say they were in full detail, she really meant it. Everything he did, from bad to worst, were described too well. It's like the words describing the brutal crimes the ravenette committed made the actual scenes play inside (Y/n)'s head, making her shudder a bit.

"He really has no relatives?" (Y/n) turns her head to look at the redhead, who gave her a nod. "I think Mina-chan's team focused on his personal profile first, but they'll eventually expound on his background. But for now, that's what they got." Isabel answers with a shrug.

(Y/n) slightly puffs her cheeks out as she rescans the paper again, before closing the folder.

She expected to have less questions about her male patient once her knowledge on him increased, but how come the opposite was happening?

It's impossible for someone to have no relatives... how did he survive until now if no one took care of him as a child?

Maybe he was from an orphanage? But his files didn't state anything about that... maybe he's a love child? So does that mean there's a possibility that 'Ackerman' isn't really his surname?

Maybe someone else took care of him instead of someone blood-related? Then what made him commit all those horrible crimes?

Why was he suffering from more than one mental illness?

Was he abused? Tortured? The way he performed all his murders were almost perfect... was his guardian responsible for his current state?

"You okay, doc?" Isabel taps (Y/n)'s shoulder, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Yeah, I'm alright." She gives Isabel a gentle smile to reassure her. "You looked like you were thinking of something really serious for a while there. Are you sure nothin's bothering yah?" Isabel questions, worry evident in the younger's eyes. (Y/n) nods as she pats Isabel's head in a playful manner.

"Don't worry, it's nothing that serious. I'm fine." (Y/n) stated with a grin. Isabel smiles back, "If ya say so."

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| 8:10 p.m. ||

(Y/n) lays on her bed, flat on her back while she stared at the ceiling of her room. She had just changed out of her work outfit, and now she couldn't think about anything but her latest patient. She was aware not to get too hooked to the case, firstly because it wasn't her job to go through every single detail about her patient.

Well technically it was, but it's only to some extent.

Her curious mind was the one responsible for her current situation tonight. At the same time, she was confused as to why she found Levi's case somewhat interesting. She wasn't like this when she just started handling Annie before. So what attracted her attention to the male ravenette?

Sadly, (Y/n) didn't know the answer herself.

She rose from her bed, unable to silence her thoughts. I'll get to the bottom of this, she tells herself, then I'll focus more on trying to help him. Besides, I could use some facts about him when it comes to interacting with him...

(Y/n) lies back down, her head hitting the soft material of her pillow. "I should be more careful when I talk to him," she speaks, "I still don't know any signs of his personality shifts, but at the same time, it's like he doesn't show any."

(Y/n) releases a heavy sigh, grabbing her cellphone from the bedside table.

"Conversation is the key, (Y/n)... conversation..." The girl mumbles to herself as she scrolls through her phone, "then maybe I'll be able to fish out a hint basing from our topics, or what I say to him."