[ twenty-four ]

|| 7:48 p.m. ||

Mikasa ♥
You already in your house? We're still on the way to buy our food.
Received 7:36 p.m.

Me
Just got in. And don't worry, take your time.
Me
Can you guys get ice cream too?
Sent 7:38 p.m.

Mikasa ♥
Haha, we already did. I knew you'd want one.
Received 7:39 p.m.

Me
Thanks! What time will you get here tho?
Sent 7:40 p.m.

Mikasa ♥
We're already on our way, don't worry.
Mikasa ♥
There's a bit of traffic here so I think we'll take more time.
Mikasa ♥
You can start boiling the water for the noodles we got btw.
Received 7:46 p.m.

Me
Okay.
Sent 7:47 p.m.

(Y/n) sets her phone down on the counter. Humming a melody to herself, she starts doing what Mikasa had just texted her.

After the short task, she sighs.

Her heart still felt heavy after her latest visit on Levi. She was a bit unsure on where his actions could've possibly rooted from, but her main guess leads her back to his illness.

Which is why she shouldn't be thinking so much about that kiss.

Maybe that's one of his coping mechanisms? Since he really didn't want to be left again so he did that to ensure himself... yeah, that's it...

But (Y/n)'s mind still continued replaying that scene in her head. Running her fingers through her hair, she grumbles out a curse and looks at the ceiling of her kitchen.

(Y/n) was utterly confused; she knew what she did was wrong, but she couldn't deny the fact that Levi was the first one to make her feel the way he made her. In the back of her mind, she hoped that his advances actually meant something.

Why was she feeling this way towards her patient?

He was a criminal: a thief and a bloodthirsty serial killer, a crazed one at that. She shouldn't be thinking about him beyond their doctor-and-patient relationship. (Y/n) knew how Levi could possibly be using her for his escape, or simply because he just acted upon what his mind was telling him to do.

"(Y/n)," a voice from outside her apartment door spoke followed by knocks, "we're here!"

The doctor rushed to answer her door and opened it wide for her friends to enter.

"Wooh! It's been a while since I've been here!" Hanji walks inside first with a paper bag. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin goes in after the older brunette.

"Go ahead and make yourselves comfy -- oh, these are the noodles?" (Y/n) asks Mikasa who let out a hum as a response. "Come on, let's cook." The ravenette goes inside the kitchen with (Y/n) trailing behind her.

"If you need help, we'll just be here!" The two of the girls heard Eren's voice from the living room.

"I heard your father visited one-o-four a while ago."

Mikasa briefly glanced towards (Y/n) before she nods her head. "Yeah, he just checked how I was doing... he's actually with sir Keith and some others right now, y'know, catching up."