[ forty-three ]

|| ᴅᴀʏ : 82 || 10:34 a.m. ||

The heavy sound of the door to his cell swinging open made Levi rise from his bed.

"Good morning."

The nameless nurse offers the man a small smile after she enters the room. She could see the disappointment in Levi's expression when his eyes landed on her figure; he had been anticipating (Y/n)'s arrival instead of hers.

"Doctor Zackley couldn't make it today. Annie still hasn't woken up and since this is the first time this happened, she's incredibly worried."

Levi sees a glimpse of the two guards posted outside his cell because the nurse had left the door open, just like how she did the past two days.

"The Special Ops also requested her assistance with something so she's quite busy. But who knows, maybe she'll pay you a visit later today." The nurse carefully places the tray on the small table beside the couch, then she double-checks the medication on it. Her eyes sneaked a glance at the patient and sees him looking at the metal tray.

"I'm sure you know your intake schedule for all of these, but I'll still leave this paper here. If you need anything, you can tell me now."

"I'm alright."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay then. I'll see you later, Levi."

The nurse looks over her shoulder just as she was about to exit the cell. Levi was hunched forward, his hands on the back of his head and his elbows resting on his thighs while he stared at the cold floor beneath him.

He doesn't move even after the door shut close. A deep sigh leaves his lips as he turns a bit to look at his clock.

10:37.

Couldn't time pass by a little bit quicker?

Levi finally moves to take one of the tablets left by (Y/n)'s substitute, swallowing it in one go, not bothered by its rough texture rubbing against his throat. He was supposed to take that medicine 3 minutes from now, what made him do it sooner?

Perhaps he was hoping (Y/n) was watching him, seeing him being well-behaved and then she'll finally come back to him.

Yesterday... and the day before, they were agonizing. Leaving a lunatic alone with his thoughts, it's never a good thing. Levi's sure (Y/n) knew of that. So why?

ʍɥʎ d!d ʎon ןǝɐʌǝ ɥ!ɯ?

What can he do to make her come back?

He's been good lately, hasn't he?

He drank all his meds on time. He obeyed his guards as willingly as he can, he always finished his food in the cafeteria too. He didn't hurt anyone because he knew she wouldn't want that.

If he wasn't so intrusive when they last spoke to each other, maybe she'd still be here with him.

Oh! Does she want him to be sorry? Is that it (Y/n)?

Levi had his arm on top of his eyes as he laid in bed. His nails digging into his palm while his teeth clashed together in anger and longing... longing to see ʎon at least for a second. Just so he knows ʎon are still there. That ʎon really haven't left him yet.

Yet?

The dark-haired man sits up, both his hands going to comb thru his locks as he clicks his tongue. He checks the time again.

11:53.

Seven minutes until he has to go out to the cafeteria. Maybe he'll see her there today. Even though there were no signs of her the past days.

1:06.

Levi's eyes landed on the red digits as soon as he entered his cell.

She wasn't there.

Yes she was.

He felt her gaze on him while he was busy eating. He didn't see her, but he's sure she was there. No, it wasn't his imagination. She really was.

Levi stays on the couch, just like he did every afternoon. He sits on the same spot (Y/n) does everytime she came to visit. Will she be coming to him later?

She should.

Because (Y/n) misses him too. Right?

Levi's eyes slightly widen, he almost forgot about the vitamin he had to drink after lunch. He walks over to the silver tray and took the small tablet in. Silly him, what if (Y/n) finds out he was 6 minutes late taking that thing today?

Oh, is she watching him right now?

He's sorry, (Y/n). He won't do it again.

Levi goes back to the couch. He closes his eyes... It's so quiet today.

The time... it's 4:47.

Groggily, he stands from the couch then stretches, the satisfying pops from his joints filling his ears. He walks over to his bed and laid down on his stomach. Only an hour and a couple of minutes before it's 6. After this nap, maybe he'll see her again.

Maybe.

Levi stirs in his place when he hears the door to his cell open. He doesn't look at his clock-- wait, (Y/n)?

His senses were a bit slow right now, given that he just woke up. He didn't understand what his guards had instructed him to do, they didn't bother to check if he heard them clearly too. They were in a rush.

The patient finally lifts his head up from his pillow, only to see the all-too-familiar red lights outside his room. His door was wide open, and there were no signs of the wardens too. They left.

"Hm..."

He almost couldn't hear the crack from his neck when he tilts his head to ease the tension brought by him sleeping in an uncomfortable position. The alarms were very loud, just like how he remembered them to be.

Levi peeks out the doorway. Armed soldiers ran past his cell, their immediate response to the announcement now resonating throughout the whole building.

Only then did Levi listen to the automated voice from the speakers.

An intruder had breached the facility.