[ twenty-seven ]

|| 2:45 p.m. ||

The entire walk to the interrogation room was quiet. Mikasa and (Y/n) walked side by side with the nurses and guards surrounding Levi followed them to their destination. Only when the group neared the new room when (Y/n) decided to break the silence.

"Who's doing the questioning, by the way?" She asks Mikasa in a hushed voice. "Oh, I forgot to tell you," Mikasa blurts out her response, "I don't think you'll like the answer though."

"Hey guys!"

Hanji stood with Moblit by the entrance of the silver door of one of the interrogation rooms along the long hallway. She waves happily at the approaching figures while (Y/n) had dread written all over her face, because she knew how innocently callous the brunette is when it came to things like this.

"Come with me," Moblit directs Levi and his guards inside, ignoring Hanji's small squeal when her eyes landed on Levi's figure.

"I can't believe I get the chance to talk to him!"

"Hanji, please," (Y/n) chuckles half-heartedly, "go easy on him for me?"

"Hm, I'll try... no promises though!"

It's okay, (Y/n), the doctor flashed the brunette a grateful smile before they enter the interrogation room to check on Levi's state inside, everything's going to be alright. Don't be nervous...

The spacious room was divided into two parts, separated by a wall with a glass pane in the center and a metal door on its side. Levi's guards, after making sure the patient was strapped and locked on the chair, exited the second half of the room and told the three doctors Levi was ready for questioning.

"Thanks, boys!" Hanji waves them goodbye while they exited the place.

(Y/n) focused on Levi through the transparent glass. He was motionless, and he also looked like he wasn't planning on changing his position.

Is he okay? She asks herself.

Mikasa explains Levi's condition to Hanji with Moblit listening from behind her. Hanji kept on nodding, a small grin beginning to crawl up her lips. After hearing Mikasa's report, she was sure what she was going to do.

"Alright! The sooner we start, the sooner we end so..." Pushing her glasses up, the excited psychiatrist throws an arm on (Y/n)'s shoulder after noticing the uneasiness in her features. "Hey, he's safe with me, don't worry."

"And I trust you to that, Hanji," (Y/n) beams at her friend, "good luck."

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

"Levi Ackerman... should I call you Levi or...?"

Hanji's loud voice blared through the small speakers on the ceiling of Levi's side of the room. The man clicked his tongue before tilting his head upward a little, meeting the familiar brunette's gaze instantly.

"Okay, I'm calling you Levi." Hanji takes a seat. She places her notepad and pen on her lap as she leans back and sighed.

"Looks to me like you don't want to be here, but I suggest you cooperate so we can both return to our own businesses after a short while. Don't worry, I'll get straight to the point with my questions too."