[ twenty ]

|| 11:24 a.m. ||

"(Y/n)?"

The girl hastily removed her hands from her face and stood up to look at Jean's approaching figure. The taller male raises an eyebrow as he chuckled at (Y/n)'s flustered cheeks. "Woah, your face is red."

"Ignore it." (Y/n) instantly responded before sighing heavily. She sits back down on the couch beside the vending machine as she watched her bi-haired friend take a drink out of it.

"Training?" She asks as soon as Jean takes the space next to her. Opening the can of soda, he answers, "Yeah. We have a new mission to do tonight. The entire squad's preparing. By the way, mind telling me who's got you blushing this bad?"

"That's a secret."

"What? I thought we were friends!" Jean nudged (Y/n)'s arm playfully while wearing an offended expression. She just snickered at his horrible attempt to make her give away info he wanted. "If you were a girl, then maybe... but no, you aren't." (Y/n) pokes Jean's cheek with her pointer finger, earning a grunt from the older male.

"By the way, who's taking Farlan's position for the mean time?"

"I am," Jean chugs his cold drink, "but I hope he heals himself fast 'cus this lieutenant shit brings pain to my fine ass."

"Shut up, I know you want that position. Really bad."

"Not anymore. I gotta put up with a load of paperwork and reports... I want my old position back."

(Y/n) rolls her eyes, smiling while the male slouched, his arms draping on the back rest of the couch. "How 'bout you, (Y/n)? You doing well with your patients?"

"Yeah."

"Didn't you just visit the Ackerman one?"

"Mhmm."

"And you were blushing when I arrived here..."

(Y/n) stops herself from letting out another hum once Jean's statement sunk in. The pink on her cheeks gradually turned into a darker shade as she was reminded of the events just a while ago.

"It's n-not what you're thinking, Jean!"

"Whatever floats your boat, (Y/n)."

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| ᴅᴀʏ : 34 || 7:44 a.m. ||

Another day, another set of random emotions ready to mess with the (h/c)-haired doctor's head.

(Y/n) walks in 104's main building and went straight to the front desk for her daily attendance. Even though it's still this early, a lot of workers were already moving around the lobby with their patients, lab equipment, wheeled machineries and a whole lot more.

She makes her way to her office, fished out her key from her shoulder bag and opened her door. After turning the lights on, she goes behind her office desk and sat down on the chair.

She remains silent for a few moments.

"Ugh, fu..." (Y/n)'s hands went and covered her face as she leans forward to place it on the table. "Stop. It. (Y/n)." She slaps herself to try and get rid of the thoughts that have been bugging her since she woke up this morning.

After a few minutes, she looks up at the digital clock on her wall to see it flashing 8:00. (Y/n) sighs, rising up from her seat and grabbing her phone before she exits her office.