[ twenty-three ]

|| 5:47 p.m. ||

"(Y/n)!"

Historia stops waving her hand in front of the (h/c)-haired female's face once she finally responded to the her call. (Y/n) sees the worriment on Historia as soon as she got out of the train of thoughts she was stuck pondering over for quite some time.

"You okay there, doc?" A male voice piped in, gaining (Y/n)'s attention. Eren sat across from her, wearing the same look of concern as Historia. (Y/n) soughed, "Sorry, I spaced out... what were you guys talking about?"

"You know Area 104's branch in Marley, right? The manager there? He's coming over in a few weeks." Mikasa replies, her moving figure stopping to stand behind Eren.

"You mean Sir Magath?"

"Yeah."

"What for though?"

"We don't know too," Jean spoke from his position near the coffee machine, "maybe flaunt the new recruits he got last month in Mr. Smith's face."

(Y/n) gets her phone off the table and checks the time. Jean takes a seat on the space to her left as he sipped on his cup of coffee. "Since when was the last time we got new workers? Five months ago?"

"It was around the time I got out of the research department, so you're right." Jean hums after Eren's answer. "We're getting more and more strict with accepting applicants, huh?" Historia utters, receiving nods from the others. (Y/n)'s lips formed a small smile while her fingers tapped on the cushion beneath her. "After the security problem days ago, I don't think the boss is going to bring newbies in anytime soon."

"Maybe we'll have a decrease in staff too. Did we catch the one behind the failure yet, Eren?" Mikasa turns to look at brunet sitting on the couch. Eren simply shakes his head 'no'. "But we're getting there. The interrogation on the guards and staff possibly involved is still ongoing until today." He stated.

"Whoever was responsible needs to be caught, or else we still have a chance on getting a second one."

"Okay, don't jinx it, Reiss."

"What, you scared it'll happen again Jean?"

"I'm no pussy like you, Jaeger."

(Y/n) unconsciously blocks out the conversation between the others and drowns in her own thoughts again. She picks her phone up and looks at the time, only to feel herself become a bit more nervous than a while ago. The girl even spared the wall clock of the break room to see if her phone was correct.

Less than 20 minutes more and she'd have to revisit Levi's cell.

There's no reason to be scared, (Y/n) tells herself, why am I even--

"Someone's spacing out again." Jean leans forward and snapped his fingers in front of (Y/n)'s face, successfully making her look at him, startled.

"Seriously, are you okay?" He asks the doctor, at which she replied with another giggle. "I'm fine, I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

"By the way, (Y/n)," Mikasa clears her throat before she speaks again, "Levi's first overall physical exam is scheduled tomorrow at ten o'clock." "Oh, okay. I'll be sure to tell him later." (Y/n) smiles at the ravenette now placed beside Eren.

"Ah, since I'm the one to take over tomorrow, we can take our blood samples minutes before the tests start. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's no problem."

"Huh? Blood samples?" Eren looks at Mikasa, then at (Y/n), "What for?"

The psychiatrist responds with light chuckle. "You'll know eventually." The brunet snorted, unsatisfied with what he received as an answer. Mikasa laughs before nudging the male's side with her elbow. "I'll tell you tomorrow," she tells him.