[ thirty-four ]

|| ᴅᴀʏ : 64 || 4:40 p.m. ||

I'm screwed.

Pacing back and forth inside her office, (Y/n) couldn't calm herself even after trying numerous times. She felt like her heart was going to hop out of her chest because of how anxious she was.

"No... Maybe I was just seeing things," she tells herself as she picks up her phone from her desk, "maybe..."

The moment she unlocked her phone, her boss' text flashed on the screen.

Mr. Erwin Smith
Good afternoon, doctor. If it isn't any bother to you, could you bring your father's envelope in my office yourself? I also wanted a word with you about one of your patients. Is 6:30 a good time for you?
Received 4:39 p.m.

Blunt and direct. One of the many reasons why the psychiatrist found him very intimidating.

(Y/n)'s gaze landed on the brown envelope on the table. She hisses inwardly, "I should've handed it to Eren this morning."

If I don't reply to him soon, things won't end well.

Deeming it to be the best decision, she hastily texts Erwin back.

You
Alright sir, I'll be there.
Sent 4:45 p.m.

"Fuck." (Y/n) drags out the word, stressing over what -- or rather who -- Erwin wanted to talk to her about.

And she was desperately hoping it was Annie.

She honestly couldn't find any reason for him to speak about Levi since he must've read every file regarding him, unless he knew something really worth discussing to the doctor.

The mere thought of Erwin being aware of her relationship with Levi was putting (Y/n) on edge. What's scarier is she doesn't know how Erwin will deal with her after the confrontation.

Will she get fired?

Will she be punished? What kind of punishment would she have to go through?

Will they punish Levi too?

"Stop, (Y/n)," the girl drinks from her water bottle, "don't think like that. Let's try to be positive here."

Now sitting on her chair, she thought of what she could do if the situation really was what she absolutely feared it to be.

The complete opposite of what she told herself seconds ago.

The doctor takes another sip of water, then another, then another. She reaches for the candy inside her bag and popped the sweet treat inside her mouth. After being completely still behind her desk for a couple of minutes, she stands and moves herself to the couch. She looks at the time.

4:56 p.m.

Fuck, (Y/n) soughs loudly. That's an hour before I go to Erwin.

It's no use. The pressure she's putting on herself made it harder for her to think properly.

"Will Levi be okay -- no, he won't," the doctor stands up and walks to her office door, "I'll have to go to him now."