[ fourteen ]

|| 8:55 p.m. ||

"Finally..."

(Y/n) heaves a sigh once she plopped herself on the sofa of her living room. She shuts her eyes and enjoyed the peaceful environment her apartment offered her, until she felt her stomach growl. "Damn it." She lazily got up the couch and walked to her kitchen, taking her phone with her.

After getting herself a/an (fruit of choice), she returns to the living room. Her eyes landed on the black folder placed on the table. Out of boredom, she decided to read the contents of the folder she received from the medical team, via Mikasa, earlier tonight.

A bunch of papers containing the results of her patients' latest medical tests was inside the folder.

"Not much changes," (Y/n) comments as she reads Annie's results, "that's good."

She turns to the next page, instantly spotting Levi's name at the very top of the paper.

"Seems like his physically fine." (Y/n) utters while scanning the upper half of the paper. When she reads the lower half, her expression changed.

"His psychological state's the same..."

Area 104 has the most modern technology and machinery which makes them superior among almost all the other medical facilities and laboratories in the world.

One of these machineries can determine one's brain status and activity, along with the person's psychological state. It can detect the smallest hidden damages of one's brain, and can also calculate possible mental illnesses that one could suffer from if not properly attended to.

(Y/n)'s stare lingered on Levi's psychological record, a glum expression on her face.

How could one person take 4 mental disorders all at once?

The girl's thoughts eventually trailed back to what happened with Levi's latest visit.

Just recalling how he looked at her made (Y/n)'s skin crawl; she had never been frightened by a patient like that before so the experience became an eye-opener of some sort: she should really be more careful around Levi Ackerman, just like what her friends told her.

Just because she knew his weakness doesn't mean she has the upper hand. Levi could snap her neck at any given time if she's careless.

I shouldn't let me fear get to me, (Y/n) noted, scary or not, Levi needs my help and that should only be my main concern.

(Y/n) closed the folder and set it down beside her on the couch. She takes a bite out of her (fruit of choice) while her mind was still clouded with the thought of her patient.

What made him have those illnesses?

Did something happen to him back when he was a child?

Did someone influence or manipulate him? Perhaps the one who took care of him?

I wonder if that someone's still alive...

What if--

The sudden ringing of the doorbell made (Y/n) flinch in her place.