[ thirty-six ]

Levi was completely still as he glared at the girl, expecting her to tell him what she had to talk with her boss about. But no, she was frozen on her spot too.

(Y/n) takes a deep breath.

"Erwin -- I mean, Mr. Smith... He said he planned on changing your doctor soon."

"No."

Levi grits his teeth, his anger getting worse as (Y/n)'s statement occupied his mind. The countless scenarios he had feared to happen now playing in his head seemed to want his emotions to burst, making it difficult for Levi to think.

"Levi, that's not how it works."

"Do I look like I care? I said what I fucking said," Levi pushes his hair back with both of his hands, "and how about you? Do you honestly think there's someone capable of taking your place?"

(Y/n) couldn't answer Levi's question. Not out loud, at least. She couldn't even move an inch from where she stood because of how Levi stared her down.

"Mikasa visited you a while ago, didn't she?" The psychiatrist meekly responds. All she could do now was to try not to exacerbate her patient's rage.

"What of it? You trying to tell me she's gonna be your replacement?"

(Y/n) fumbles with the sleeves of her white coat. I've never seen him this angry before... Did Mikasa tell him something? The girl tries her best to stay level-headed as she attempts to come up with something to alleviate Levi's rage before things get out of hand.

Again.

"I only want you, no one else," Levi mumbles in a lower tone, "I won't hesitate to kill whoever dares try to take you from me."

"I know. I already told Mr. Smith."

The doctor sees Levi's furious expression change.

"I told him about how dangerous it would be if someone were to replace me, given your case and all... I explained it to him and he understood."

Even after what (Y/n) said, Levi's anger didn't seem to dissipate at all. Yes, (Y/n) will continue to be with him, but he knew there was something else he should be worried about. His intuition told him so. The distraught look on her face, too.

He waited for her to continue speaking.

I can't read him... (Y/n) briefly glanced at the clock on the wall, then she heaves a silent sigh.

"Since the boss decided not to change your doctor, he said he'd change the schedules instead... I should meet you only once everyday--"

"Come here, (Y/n)."

Levi leaned back a bit, with his right hand extended towards the girl. She couldn't tell if he was still angry or not; his face remained stoic and unreadable as he called for her.

His unpredictability scared her, yet somehow it charmed something inside of her.

(Y/n) didn't move from her place, still hesitating to do as he says. Levi tilts his head to the side, "I'm waiting."

Slowly, she stepped towards the ravenette. She doesn't want to tick him off now, does she?

The mischief in his gaze and the air surrounding them almost choked the oxygen out of her lungs. With her hand placed on top of Levi's, he begins to run his thumb on the back of it. "Did he tell you his reason why he thought of changing the schedules?"

She wanted to lie. To say that there was no particular reason, that it was just one of the rules she had to follow. But (Y/n) knew that Levi would instantly know if she tells him a bluff. She could only imagine what he'd do now that she stood so close to him.