[ twelve ]

|| ᴅᴀʏ : 16 || 5:37 p.m. ||

"Here's your (drink of choice), (Y/n)."

(Y/n) looks away from her laptop and took her drink from Mikasa's grasp. "Thanks, Mikasa." She says with a smile. The dark-haired female returns the kind gesture before she sits beside the psychiatrist.

"What's that?"

"Ah..." (Y/n) sips from her drink and let her laptop face Mikasa.

"Just scrolling through Levi's past crimes, that's all."

Mikasa nods as a response, setting her cup of coffee down on the glass table.

"This footage was taken from three years ago," (Y/n) plays the video, "the time when he assaulted one of the politicians along with all of his bodyguards."

The screen showed a masked male decapitating a man -- who the two recognized as the late Nicholas Lobov -- from behind. The bodyguards with Lobov didn't have time to respond since the attacker easily stabbed both of their throats with the daggers he had with him.

The stranger removes his mask revealing a male having his hair styled in an undercut, his back currently facing the camera. But soon enough, the man turns to look directly at the camera, sending it a malicious smirk before fishing his gun out from behind him. He points at the screen and shoots, and the screen turned pitch black.

(Y/n) pursed her lips and closed the video tab, then shut her laptop close.

"It's been... two weeks since you started handling him, right?" Mikasa questions. (Y/n) hums and takes another sip from her (drink of choice). "Two weeks and two days to be exact."

"How's he doing so far?"

"He's fine actually. Nothing out of the ordinary's happened since... his outburst days ago." (Y/n) gets two packs of chips from her shoulder bag and gave one to Mikasa.

"You should still be careful, you never know when he'll snap again." Mikasa utters in a cautionary manner, earning a short giggle from (Y/n). "No need to be worried, Mikasa. I can manage him just fine." She ends her sentence with a poke on Mikasa's cheek.

"... you never know when he'll snap again..."

(Y/n)'s smile slightly faltered at the thought. She was very aware of how unpredictable Levi could be, but hearing a warning about that matter from others spooked her a little bit.

"By the way, Farlan said he was looking for you when I passed by him a while ago." Mikasa stated as she sends a text to someone through her smartphone. At the mention of Farlan, (Y/n)'s expression brightened and all her temporary worries disappeared.

"I'll go talk to him right now, is that okay?" (Y/n) asks her friend who still sat on the couch. "Yeah, I'll stay right here." Mikasa nods with her own smile on her face.

(Y/n) bids Mikasa goodbye and exited the break room.

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| 6:15 p.m. ||

"You had your snack already?"