[ eighteen ]

|| 9:43 p.m. ||

All buildings were dead silent. Patients and prisoners stayed in their respective rooms/cells while the night shifts either roamed the area or remained in their stations.

"I brought snacks guys!" Isabel stumbles inside a room, carrying numerous junk foods and drinks in her arms. Oluo, Farlan, Hanji, Moblit, and (Y/n), along with Oluo's team, stayed inside one of the laboratories to help the experimentalists finish the latest project from their head scientist.

"Didn't we just have dinner like, two hours ago?" Nanaba chuckled as she ogles at the food Isabel placed on one of the long tables. "Nah, it's fine!" The younger girl shrugs, taking a packet of her own and throwing her brother another one.

"Thanks, Belle." Farlan smiled and opened the bag of chips.

"And... the chlorpromazine's complete!" (Y/n) claps her hands, letting Oluo hold the test tube containing the hydrochloride using the holder. "Finally!" Hanji wipes the sweat from her forehead and removed the gloves on her hands. "We can now go home!" The brunette added.

"We have to finish these first! I didn't bring 'em for nothin'!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down, Magnolia." Gelgar rolls his eyes at the girl, striding over to the table full of snacks with his teammates.

"How about I grab my bag from my office first so after snacks, I go straight home." (Y/n) removes her own gloves and goggles on her eyes. "As long as you come back, aight?" "Okay, Isabel."

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

(Y/n) hummed a tune upon entering her office. She removes her lab gown and hung it behind her door, leaving her in a (color of choice) top and her black pants. She fixed the things in her bag, glancing at the clock on her desk from time to time. She couldn't wait to get home and get sleep. After everything that had happened today, of course she'd be drained as hell.

She was just about to grab the doorknob and leave when the lights on the ceiling suddenly started blinking.

She could also make out faint noises from outside her office, only she didn't know what it was and where's it coming from.

"Security lockdown disabled. Security lockdown disabled. All units unlocked."

(Y/n) drops her bag on the ground.

Lockdown... disabled? ... Disabled?!

She bolts out of her office in a hurry to get to the other side of the building where everyone else was waiting. The blinking red lights in the hallways didn't help her calm down at all.

"What's happening?" She asks herself, almost out of breath because of the running. She goes through numerous hallways as she grows a bit scared knowing that every patient and every prisoner is possibly out of their cells.

She passed by guards too, holding guns as they hastily tried to reach the patients' and prisoners' section of the edifice.

"(Y/n)!" Hanji exclaimed and approached her fellow doctor the moment she entered the laboratory. The (h/c)-haired female started to sweat, and her labored breaths became loud and unsteady.