[ twenty-one ]

|| ᴅᴀʏ : 35 || 7:40 a.m. ||

"I wonder what we're going to have for breakfast today."

"Didn't you ask Nicolo?"

"Nah, I didn't see him this morning... I'm hungry now!"

Hanji leans on the wall behind her as she released a sigh. The brunette pokes her stomach while grumbling a few incoherent words under her breath. (Y/n) just sniggered at the hazel-eyed psychiatrist.

"Hanji! (Y/n)!"

The two turned to look at the source of the loud voice. Isabel waved her hand in the air and ran to them with her sling bag in hand. "You're early today, Magnolia." Hanji teased with a little smirk. Isabel responded with a huge grin directed towards her and (Y/n), "Farlan's finally awake and I can't wait to talk to him!"

(Y/n) tilts her head in confusion. "He's awake? I didn't know that."

After Isabel's unexpected news, (Y/n) felt a hint of joy; finally, one less thing to worry about now. But as she watched the ginger-haired female smile so bright because of having the chance to talk to her older brother again, a pang of guilt hit (Y/n) in the chest.

Isabel didn't know who had dealt Farlan the damage he has now. Even though she wasn't completely at fault, (Y/n) still felt responsible for what happened to her male friend.

The guilt even worsened when her mind decided to replay the scenes between Levi and her yesterday.

Damn it...

(Y/n) silently stared up at the sky as Hanji and Isabel conversed together. Workers started to storm in the gates of Area 104, some even greeting (Y/n) on their way inside the facility.

Deeply inhaling the chilly morning air calmed (Y/n)'s head, at least for a bit. After her small mission just minutes ago, which was to delete the yesterday footage of cell 30 in the security room, she needed time to come around. And at what place else to relax her nerves other than the environment outside the building?

Perhaps (Y/n) was relaxing too much that she didn't notice a certain dark-haired female slowly approaching her.

She gasps upon feeling somebody tapping on her shoulder to capture her attention. Mikasa blinks at the doctor, not expecting the somewhat violent flinch she got out of her. Hanji and Isabel also noticed the disturbance in (Y/n)'s figure before they covered their mouths to prevent themselves from laughing.

"Oh, Mikasa. You need something?" (Y/n) quickly recovered from the startled state she was in after a few seconds and beamed at the medic. Mikasa also smiles at her, "Sorry I scared you, but breakfast's ready. We should head inside."

"Ah, okay. Let's go then!"

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| 8:46 a.m. ||

"Ackerman..."

With a blank stare, Mikasa turns to (Y/n) after she had blurted out a familiar word all of a sudden.

"You okay, (Y/n)?" The ebony-haired girl questions the psychiatrist seemingly to be lost in thought. (Y/n) giggles nervously and straightened her posture to speak. "Sorry, something's just been bothering me a little lately."

Mikasa faced away from her phone and to her friend. Now interested, she raises an eyebrow at (Y/n).

"And it has something to do with... my surname?"