[zero]

|| 5:45 p.m. ||

"I'll see you tomorrow, Annie."

A (h/c)-haired female, aged 23, walks out of a cell. She instantly made eye contact with the guards right outside the metal door, nodding her head. One of the males pressed a button, locking the door. "Make sure she gets her food by 8, okay? And her medicine by 9." The female instructed, fixing her white coat in the process. "You always tell us, Ma'am. Don't worry, we won't alter her schedules." A blond male answers, smirking a bit.

"Just reminding you, Reiner. Keep checking on her, okay? If she needs someone to talk to, then go ahead. But whatever you do, do not open the door." She stated in a grave tone, intimidating the two boys. "Yes ma'am." They both replied.

"I know you understand why I'm warning you right now. You two know what she's capable of when she's not the one in control of herself." The girl added before walking away.

She walks through the hallways, passing doctors, guards, nurses, and patients either handcuffed or tied down on a wheelchair while wearing straitjackets. She goes to the fifth floor of the huge facility, heading towards where her friend was.

"Oh, (Y/n)! You're done with your schedule for today?" Hanji greets (Y/n) a grin as soon as she entered the room. The other psychiatrists were there, having a snack along with some medics. "Yeah, I'm cleared." The female answers, sitting down on a solo couch across from Hanji. "I still have a schedule in 10 minutes with Petra." Armin stated, setting his cup of coffee down on the table. He grabs his clipboard and turns to leave the room. "Wait for me, okay? Then we can go have dinner."

Armin smiles and waved before leaving.

"That's disgusting!"

(Y/n) whipped her head and saw Mikasa and Hanji looking at something in Mikasa's phone.

"What is?" (Y/n) stands and walks over to where the two other girls were. "That Levi Ackerman is trending, look." Mikasa stated, holding her phone up for (Y/n) to see.

"No way... he killed an entire household again." (Y/n) gasps as she stared at the words displayed on screen. "That's like, the fifth time this year." She added, shaking her head to the sides. "I feel like the military's no match for this psycho." Hanji comments, pushing her glasses back as she sat properly. The door suddenly opens, revealing Historia along with her half-sister.

"You've heard about Levi Ackerman?" Historia sits on a nearby chair, Frieda staying right beside her. (Y/n) nods. "Our special operations team are assigned to catch him now." Frieda speaks up. "They actually started their mission three hours ago."

"No wonder I couldn't find Miche anywhere..." Hanji talks, tapping her chin.

"You guys done with your patients?" (Y/n) asked the two sisters. Historia and Frieda nodded simultaneously. "Then we can have dinner together. We'll just have to wait for Armin and Eren." (Y/n) beams, standing up and fixing her white coat.

"I'll get my bag from my office. Want me to get yours too, Mikasa?"

"Please do."

"Okay. Be right back."

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| 7:25 p.m. ||

Eren enters the break room, slightly panting. He shuts the door and leans on it, suddenly becoming aware of the stares sent towards him.

"What took you so long, Eren?" Mikasa was the first one to talk. She stand from the couch and gives the brunet a bottle of water. Eren says a small 'thanks' before drinking from the plastic bottle.

"Did something happen?" (Y/n) questions next. Eren clears his throat before speaking.

"Sorry, something came up and I had to manage since Mr. Smith was busy."

"As expected from his secretary." Hanji laughs silently at her small remark.

"Uh, what happened, exactly?"

Eren looks at Armin, hesitating to answer his question. "I saw a ruckus on the first floor a while ago. Is it something related to that?" Hanji utters, raising her eyebrow in the process. Eren soughs, scratching his nape. "Well, I suppose I could tell you all."

"So, what is it?" Historia fixed her posture, readying herself to listen to Eren's news.

"Don't tell anyone outside 104 okay? This is still classified and not one from the public knows this." Eren says in a stern voice. Everyone in the room nods.

"The Special Operations Squad successfully apprehended Levi Ackerman."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as her mouth went ajar. The others with her were shocked by the news, as well. The room went eerily silent for a few seconds. Before Hanji decided to ruin it.

"Really?! I want to meet him!" She screeched, standing from her seat and squealed. "Woah, Zoe, calm down." Frieda, who was sitting beside her, pulled her down to make her sit again. "Aren't you guys curious as to what he looks like?!" Hanji excitedly mentions, bouncing on her seat.

"A-are you serious, Eren?" Armin stutters out, his face scrunched up in worry and slight fear.

They had a serial killer with them inside the facility, after all.

"They caught him that fast? H-how?" Historia spoke as bothered as Armin.

"That's not even what I'm worried about." Eren sits on a chair, Mikasa by his side.

"I told Mr. Smith his case and he decided that Levi Ackerman will undergo rehabilitation here, since the most capable people for the job works here."

The psychiatrists in the room, namely (Y/n), Hanji, Armin, and Historia, looked at each other with anxiousness on their faces.

"Who... did Mr. Smith choose?" (Y/n) queries the older boy. Eren looks at her with an unreadable expression.

"You."