[ fifteen ]

|| ᴅᴀʏ : 17 || 10:30 a.m. ||

"Morning, Levi!"

The cheerful voice coming from his doorway instantly caught Levi's attention. He sits up from his bed and watched as (Y/n) walks in.

"The fuck are you wearing?" Was the first thing Levi uttered in response to (Y/n)'s greeting.

"Oh... are my clothes bothering you?"

"Have I been in this shitplace that long that it already started snowing outside?"

(Y/n) was confused at first but later realized that Levi was referring to her turtlenecked sweater.

"It feels c-comfortable, so why not? And besides, it's been ages since I last wore this one." (Y/n) averts her gaze from Levi's calculating ones, feeling uneasy from being questioned of her outfit choice.

"Yeah? Why not try saying it while looking at me, huh?"

The doctor soughed, fully aware of what Levi was thinking, "I'm telling you the truth, Levi." She stated, walking closer to where Levi sat while keeping their eye contact.

Levi stares at her for a bit more, observing her facial expression to determine whether she really is telling the truth or not. After a few seconds, he finally gave up, blurting out a 'whatever'.

(Y/n) takes a seat on the couch placed near a wall, "You're allowed to eat in the cafeteria starting next week, by the way."

The ravenette crossed his arms, still observing the girl as she scanned the papers on her clipboard.

The girl was clearly hiding something, and Levi wasn't stupid to not figure that out. He thinks of possibilities why she'd choose to wear a turtlenecked sweater under her lab gown, and he had successfully formed numerous hypotheses in under a few minutes.

Levi didn't show any changes in his expression while (Y/n) talked to him. He just listened and answered her queries shortly, his mind still craving for the reason behind (Y/n)'s outfit choice.

(Y/n) would constantly tug on the cloth wrapped around her neck from time to time, and that definitely did not go unnoticed by her patient.

He eventually comes to the point where he gets annoyed by (Y/n)'s little movement that he finally decides to stand up from his seat and go to her.

"Levi? Is-- hey!"

The doctor's face flushed red the moment Levi grabs her chin and made her look to the side. She realizes what he was about to do only when he had already done it in one swift motion.

He pulled down her turtleneck, revealing a purple bruise on the side of her neck.

A hickey.

"Must be your first time getting one."

(Y/n) gently pushed his hand away, fixing her collar with a flustered expression.

"You d-don't know that." She stated in defense, sending the ravenette a glare for the stunt he just pulled. Levi scoffs, "You should've known better than to wear that thick shit if it wasn't."

"Sure," (Y/n) sighs in defeat, not knowing how to counter his statement.

"Gonna tell me who's it from?"

"Excuse me?" (Y/n) stares at the emotionless man in shock. The older male takes a seat on the mattress, "I've told you every useless crap you wanted to know about me today, time for you to pay me for it."

"Don't you think this topic's too personal--"

"And your questions weren't?"

Levi snapped back, catching (Y/n) off guard. And when she examines his face, she felt it again. The same intimidating aura he gives off when he isn't pleased with something.

He clearly demanded an answer, and it seemed like he's not going to take a 'no' lightly, too.

"Farlan," the (h/c)-haired girl casts her gaze down, eyes focused on her feet, "it's from Farlan."

The ebony-haired male stilled.

Wasn't this 'Farlan' just her friend? Levi thought, letting his gaze remain on (Y/n)'s eyes. She almost blenched at how the male was looking at her; did she do something wrong?

"Never took you as a person who's into that kind of shit..." Scoffing, Levi rips his gaze away from the younger girl. (Y/n) raised an eyebrow at his claim despite the heat in her cheeks. "It's not l-like that in any way! We're really friends, that's it!" She pursed her lips together, looking away from Levi when he turns to her.

"So you two were friends here yesterday then he's suddenly your boyfriend after work. Some chemistry you got there, doc."

Oh, how (Y/n) badly wanted to retaliate, but she knew better than to do that. Besides, with the tone Levi's using, he's just trying to push her buttons to get a reaction out of her.

Which she instantly took as a part of his ASPD nature.

So instead of rebutting Levi's remark, she opts to play along.

"Well, as a doctor I should have some background on that field. Seems like I'm better at it than I had originally expected." (Y/n) stated with a big smile on her face, stunning Levi.

He didn't expect her to tell that to his face. Not to mention the irksome expression she's wearing.

(Y/n) observes Levi's reaction through the corner of her eye as she giggled in her place. "But let's not talk about this anymore, okay?" She makes eye contact with the ravenette, the grin on her face not faltering. Levi lets out a 'tch' as he turns away from her.

"Well, I've been here long enough; I should be leaving."

The doctor stands up from the couch, holding her clipboard. Unbeknownst to her, the male's expression fell into a stark one once she left her seat.

The doubt he had on (Y/n) and Farlan's relationship from yesterday was making its way back into his mind.

"I'll see you again later, Levi." (Y/n) utters before she exits the cell quietly, leaving Levi alone with the thoughts she didn't know he had.

Once the steel door shut close, the male massaged his temples and his eyes darted to the ceiling. What Levi feared to happen had unexpectedly came to pass.

That one man the psychiatrist had been spending her time with is an imminent threat, a huge one too.

One that made Levi slowly succumb to the corruption he secretly hid in the back of his mind until now.

His eyes begin to darken.

That bastard was able to make that move on her. And she let him.

He clenches his hands into fists.

He's... is he fucking trying to take her away from me?!

Levi's assumptions gradually became more and more irrational as seconds passed. With gritted teeth, he walks to the nearest wall and drove his shaking fist onto it. His chest rose and fell, the adrenaline also started kicking in as more eristic thoughts clouded his proper judgement.

His mind later recalls that hideous hickey on her neck, along with the words she said that were originally meant to be sarcastic -- but Levi was too feverish right now to realize that.

"Seems like I'm better at it than I had originally expected."

Farlan, Farlan, Farlan, Levi angrily chants the name he's beginning to hate with every fiber of his body. His punches on the wall also intensified, the skin on his knuckles up to his fingers blackening with every single hit he threw.

His bruised fingers went up and raked his hair, a low chuckle escaping his lips as he put his forehead on the wall. His crazed orbs glared at the floor, his chuckle turning into a psychotic laugh.

"(Y/n),

ẇḧḀṮ Ṯḧḕ ḧḕḶḶ Ḁṙḕ ẏṏṳ ḊṏḭṆḠ Ṯṏ ṁḕ?!"