THIRTY NINE

Niki was known to be the most quite young prince in Daegu Dynasty since they were young, he would mostly sit around the corner if they'll be gathered for assessments and lectures, would be always last to enter the dine room and last to eat his all-course meal. if it was the latest generation, he would be called 'loner and a 'loser.

after years of being all by himself, sure the other prince were there. Heeseung, Sunghoon, Jay, Jake, Jungwon and Sunoo was. but he can't help but feel more out of place as the years passed.

as a curious and observant kid, he always loved looking at different plants and beautiful flowers. and that's where he met Taki, the castle's head shef's son. they mostly hang out in the big garden, checking out every plant that catches their eye. they became really close friends, to the point where he wouldn't like hanging out and spending time with his other hyungs anymore. 

that time, the feeling of loneliness and emptiness was no longer lingering over Niki. he felt contented and full, Taki was there to keep him company every time and make precious memories with him. and he thought Taki was going to be by his side forever, he only thought. Because when Riki, his other persona, started coming out. Taki left him, both Riki and Niki. he didn't stay and Niki was back again being lonely.

the thought of opening and spending his time with his hyungs never came back to his mind, all he thought was, he will be forever lonely.

his second persona, Riki. this guy appeared suddenly when he was around seven years of age. his attitude and behaviour may seemed bad to other people's eye. Riki cant do anything to change his own attitude, he is who he is. At first, Niki wasn't comfortable when Riki would suddenly talk to him inside. the voice was always clear like Riki was just behind him, Riki's voice always ring loudly when the guy would talk to him. and as he says, he's uncomfortable.

The other hyungs came to find out about Riki when the boy started to often take over, the first time he took over was a mess. Niki always had the silvery blond hair but Riki had the hair of a pure jet black color. Niki has been having a hard time when Riki would stubbornly take over, they were merely seven years old, and hiding Riki's hair and lying to the others was still a big deal to Niki. so he always feel bad when Riki would ignore the hyungs and quickly dash out of the place when the elders attention was already on Riki who was wearing a hooded cape and contacts on his eyes that Niki sneaked out of Heeseung's room for him as they both have different eye color.

He felt bad for lying to his hyung and not telling them the truth about Riki, he once communicated with Riki in his mind about telling the others the truth but, Riki didn't like the idea and told him 'let them find out themselves'. so he gave up and let Riki do whatever he wanted. 

but the bound time came, when they got to know everything about Niki and Riki. they haven't known themselves back then, being a sacred still wasn't on their vocabulary. And when they found out about Riki, they immediately told the King. the King was aware about everything but Agust didn't even uttered a word about who they truly are. one of the servants called Riki an Alter, Niki's alter, and their mind was stuck with that words and went along.

as for Riki, everything was hard for him too. Niki wasn't the only one suffering and worrying about the others, he is too. the other prince see him as the evil one between them Niki, yes, he's cruel but he never did anything that might hurt Niki after he took over. he was accused and specially despised by the other prince, he tried to be good to their eyes and be friendly to them, but he was turned down. receiving these words from Sunoo 'If you're Niki, i would gladly hang out with you'

Sunoo was right, this is Niki's body and he doesn't have the rights to take over and do whatever he wants, and the end this was Niki's body. and for that reason, he started hating Sunoo as they grew up. the katana that was given to him, That was given to Niki, for the both of them. he started using it against Sunoo and threatening him with the use of it, Riki was trained well and Niki too. Though, Niki's too soft to hold the deadly weapon. And they ended up deciding to place it in a safer place, make it locked up so that Riki wouldn't use it in any  things.

As why Riki knows Jeongguk, they have been keeping in touch with each other. but they both didn't know that they were Jeongguk's sacred. Niki didn't even know that he was a sacred in the first place. Jeongguk has been offering thing to Niki but, more especially to Riki. Riki and Jeongguk had the same vibes so Niki gladly made him take over, and Jeongguk isn't harmful. it was normal when they would spend time together, and Niki was aware that Jeongguk was the King of Xanchoir, a dangerous King. so they tried to not mess up and treat him good, though Riki was good at handling everything.

And them knowing Jeongguk goes unnoticed by the other prince, the King told them to keep everything a secret. and so they did, Even Niki didn't tell or mentioned anything to Heeseung. but having contact and being near to Jeongguk triggered something in Niki, he feels like they're more than both Riki and him. Jeongguk triggered his other persona, which is Nishi. and they came to know that Jeongguk planned everything, and Niki wondered how Jeongguk came to know that he has another persona.

Nishi, his other alter. the cruel and more merciless, he was literally same like Jeongguk. the other prince's had no idea that Nishi was the one who caused Niki, and  Riki the pain that they have seen, and wrongly accused Riki by doing all those bad things, when Riki was also suffering with Niki. they only knew Riki so he was the only culprit for everything. Niki wanted to tell the others about the truth and defend Riki but Nishi threatened them hardly, making them shut their mouth zipped. they were like slaves and Nishi is the master who will order them with everything. and that's where they felt like they were being chained up.

When the time where Niki couldn't handle everything, he just wanted to curl up into a fetal position that time when he really needed someone to comfort him. he was really hurt and so was Riki. and yet, that time he came across with Jungwon. And he was sure that he was ready to let everything out to Jungwon that time, no matter what consequences are, he succeeded in telling Jungwon the truth and that made Nishi hold grudge to both Niki and Riki. Nishi also threatened Jungwon after that and made him shut his mouth up or else he will die, so Jungwon couldn't do anything but nod and listen to everything what Niki says. it also made Niki even more distant to them, afraid that any moment they might find out and Nishi will be furious again. he wasn't even the owner of the body to begin with and he had the guts to hurt Niki, that's when Jay also found out and again, wrongly accused Niki by acting all up and making Riki look bad to the others. 

Right now, Niki feels so miserable. he messed up badly, he caused them pain. he almost killed them.

but from what Jungwon said,

"it was all Nishi's fault."

he wasn't convinced, Riki was apart of himself and so was Nishi. the three of them shared one body, whether it was one of them who's done it, it'll be all their fault. because they're one, and they can't do anything but to accept that Niki was all at fault too.

Now, he just wished that Nishi won't show up anytime soon. he wants to apologize to his hyungs for what he, Nishi did. but it looks like he wasn't be able to control his own self this time, its feels like Nishi was the one owned the body in the first place and he was only a persona who took over first. he was worried, Riki didn't talk to him or showed up, he was silent and... Niki's ears was filled up with Nishi's evil laugh.

He fucking hated that.

[do y'all guys dream when u sleep? I don't dream or is it just I already forgot what I dreamed abt.]