TEN

that was it.

the angel already arrived at the dark city as the moon was also up and gave a glistening reflection of his orbs. landing on his feet to the ground he retracted his wings as it let out a small sound. unfolding the royal mantle he held on his hands the whole time, he slipped it through shoulders and locks both magnetic amethyst pendant as it hanged around his neck rather loosely and just enough for him to not choke and breath properly.

he was still in the middle of the forest, the breezing wings made the ancient trees to dance carelessly, the leaves falling out as night owls added to the cold night. the forest was dark and so was the sight in front of him, Mauvais, a bit far away from where he stood his feet.

Mauvais didn't change a single bit, it was still dark like from the past long years. he wondered if it is still the same inside. he remembers going in a portal before actually seeing the real city. he wonders where could that portal is right now, he had forgotten.

"Hyung."

as he was about to step out of the forest a voice called him, he looked around and saw a pair of red eyes. Jake.

"Jake, what are you doing here?" he asked as he furrowed his brows to the younger, despite of being seen as the forest was really, really dark. "you go back to the castle, the King had been looking for you." Jake responded and dashed in front of him. the ruby red eyes meeting his purple orbs.

"no, I'm already here. this is really importa-."

"Agust knows that you're here." Jake interrupted him as those red orbs went into a softer gaze. "guards." he mumbled and looked down, how can he be so not alert when coming to this things. right now, he sure Agust must've sent soldiers through here.

"Jake- ah, Please go back in the castle and let me handle this things first." Heeseung spoke with his voice down, the latter shook his head and grabbed onto the angel's wrist. "no, hyung. we're going back to castle." the younger grumbled and harshly tugged at his wrist. making the unexpected wince leave out of his lips. he wasn't expecting that and so did Jake, it made the latter let go of his wrist as he massaged it softly.

"I have to go inside that city, I have things to myself so please stay out of this."

"you don't even know if you're safe being there." Jake raised his voice a little as he glared at the darkness.
"Heeseung, you know what? why won't we both go in there? together?" he asked desperately, he really doesn't want Heeseung to alone.

"I can't take you with me, this isn't the place where you truly belonged."

"what?" the younger was taken a back. "what are you talking about?" he questioned as he stepped closer to the older. "you don't belong here, go back to the palace and let me be." Heeseung snaps and turned to his heels walking away from Jake. why does these guys always stopping him from going here? first, Sunghoon. then Jake. then who next?

"Jake, stop following me." he halted on his step making the other bumped onto his back, his back rested on Jake's chest as the younger was a little taller than him. the latter looked like a lost puppy following anyone who he seems to like. "the soldiers are coming closer to the area." he muttered and looked around, the sounds of a lot footsteps emitted inside the forest. "if I get caught, you're dead." he added as he threatened the younger by pulling an imaginary knife out of his trousers pocket and bringing it up to his neck before dramatically slicing it.

"cut the crap, I'm a vampire."

"I can't die." Jake rolled his eyes at him, sighing Jake nods at him. "fine, go. but be back in no time." he nods towards the narrow path in the city as they reached the last part of the forest. "thank you, I'll be back." Heeseung smiled at him, turning back a loud yell made the two stop on their tracks.

"YOUNG PRINCE'S." a soldier with a torch light ran towards them, one by one followed behind the first soldier. "Hyung, be safe and take care." Jake panicked as the soldiers neared them. he helped Heeseung get down to the lower ground as he held him in the waist. Jake didn't spare any glance at him after he gave the angel a ruffle on his brown hair, crouching down to avoid the soldiers that had come near the dead end. he heard Jake shouting something from the distance as the soldiers scrambled after him until Heeseung was left with a complete dead silent.

"so close."

"yes, so close. now please follow me." another voice made the angel widen his eyes, hoping it wasn't the soldier that had been left by his troops. he turned around and saw a big shadow, moving around and circled him.

"who are you?" Heeseung asked and knitted his brows at the shadow in front of him, "do you want to go inside or not?" the shadow asked him straight forwarded.

"of course."

"I'll tell you in details after we go inside."

Heeseung nodded as the shadow moves around and into a narrow path, the angel following him silently from behind. "is it you who sent the letter?" Heeseung bravely asked, the scared feeling already thrown out somewhere else. "later." the shadow simply replied moving faster as he follows behind running.

"the last time I came here this place is so scary. where are they?"

"why do you have so many questions, Mr. ?" the shadow stops making him gulp. maybe, he asked too many questions. its not even that much, just two. he guess.

"sorry." he mutters and continued following the shadow on taking the path, to somewhat looks like that portal.
"it is because, all of those you saw from years ago."

"were just your illusions. you're still too young when Agust ordered to throw you in here. that's why."
the shadow explained and stops right in front of the black and purple portal on the inside city.

they stared at the portal for a moment as the shadow slowly lighted, crystal dusts falling out as the black shadows disappeared. Heeseung blinked, a cotton blue hair greeted him and the shimmering of the dusts on it's locks. he gazed down at the face, the cute doe blue eyes made him coo, added by the pink pouty lips and the slight blushes that painted the chubby cheeks.
the angel's eyes landed at the back, a transparent blue fairy wings rested beautifully on the boy's back. this boy is a fairy, the one that was once a scary shadow was a fairy after all?

how come?

"Greetings, Angel Heeseung."

"I'm Soobin."

[🎉HAPPY JAKE DAY💜🎉]