FOURTY FOUR

"Why do you want to eat Yakgwa for breakfast? You aren't a ten year old kid anymore."

   Sunoo snickered as he lazily slumped on the stone chair, witnessing the younger who sat on the opposite side of him childishly munched on his yummy treat. the small table in front of them was filled with so many kinds of cookies and pastries Niki requested for their breakfast, yeah, breakfast. 

   They decided to have their sweet breakfast in front of the lake, where the table and chair was located in a roofed area, it looked like a shrine from what Sunoo described it when he was still in his younger age. the morning was perfect, a bit sunny but not to hot to make you sweat a bucket. and the sounds of bird chirping were calming to the two young boys that's currently having their peaceful breakfast. 

 "I missed this yummy foods, you know." Niki shrugged as he continued to stuff his face with the glossy cookies in his hands. "Xanchoir doesn't have these kind of foods?" Niki was taken aback by the sudden question that it made choke on his foods, he coughed and harshly patted on his chest. the amber in front of him had his usual eye smile as he reached for the glass of apple juice in the center part of the table. 

"be careful, bud." Sunoo grimaced and handed him the liquid to clear his throat and freshen it up. Niki took a sip and gave him a playful glare, "You can't just do that, hyung. what if I die?" he exaggerated as he dramatically hold onto his chest. "You won't die." Sunoo calmly responded, leaning forward to pick up his own food, he took a bite and stared back at Niki with a serious gaze.

 "How can you be so sure?" 

    "I won't let you."

 "What if I die and you didn't know, what will you do?"

 "I'll bring you back to life." 

"Can you even do that?" 

 "Yes..." the amber paused, "You don't know what I'm capable off." he added and shoved the last bite of his cookies inside his mouth. it surprised him, they're having a conversation about 'what if Niki dies' . he tried to act chill but the truth is, he was internally panicking and also doubting his abilities, it wasn't that Niki is going to die but he can't help but feel worried about the younger. 

Everything wasn't even fully fixed and arrange and here they are, conversing about someone possibly dying. 

 "I know you, hyungie. You won't let Niki die~" the younger beamed as he smiled at the elder in front of him. they're being weird, discussing about his death is just weird. but, what if? 

 "yes, of course. Now, let's talk about what we're exactly here first." 

 Sunoo immediately averted his gaze from Niki to the clear, lake water. waiting for the younger to speak himself, he wasn't sure if he can actually listen to what everything Niki will say. lost in his mind, he couldn't focus suddenly, his mind being drowned in the water as the sound of calming wind passed by through them. he wasn't even sure if Niki will actually tell him the truth, but he isn't completely doubting him. Honestly, he was still scared of Niki, by what happened the last time, the younger looked so evil in his eyes at that moment. where he suddenly questioned his own self, whether it's Niki in front of him or the monster who tried to kill them.

"-ung, Sunoo hyung?" Niki leaned forward as he waved at his hyung's face, snapping Sunoo out of his thoughts. "Yes?" the amber absentmindedly responded, turning his gaze back to the younger who looked at him with worriness.

"A- are you feeling okay? You're spacing out." Niki asked, placing the back of his hand to touch the amber's forehead. he tilted his head as he shuts his eyes tightly closed, obviously feeling for any hotness on the other's skin.  "what are you doing?"Sunoo leaned back and swatted the younger's arm away from him, "i'm checking your temperature, what if you're sick?"Niki sat back down again as he crossed his arms on his chest with a pout on his lips.

 Sunoo looked at him, noticing the pout on Niki's lips,  he sighed, "I'm not sick. stop pouting, you look like a duck." Sunoo teased as he extended his arms to grab his own glass of juice. 

  Niki didn't say anything but continued to cross his arms, his eyes acting to look at a far distance when he was actually just looking at nothing but air. Sunoo had his own time too, observing what the younger is doing. the amber almost melted on his chair when he saw Niki's blonde hair swifted backwards as it revealed his forehead, the continuously falling of leaves from behind made it even more beautiful. but, Niki alone is more than beautiful and ethereal. 

"Hey, look at me tell me everything already." Sunoo had to stop himself from daydreaming everything, so he did. earning Niki's attention again, the younger first cleared his throat and straightened on his seat. "Yeah, i forgot." 

"uh, what should i tell you first?"

"anything."

"oh, okay."

Niki looked down as he fiddled with his own fingers, his heart was beating too fast that he feels like it would leap out of his chest anytime soon. he's mind is going crazy, he doesn't know what to tell the elder first. Riki wasn't there to be his inner voice and he also doesn't want Nishi to appear this time and ruin everything. he can't risk to let that happen, he wanted this go smoothly as what he was expecting to happen. 

"Nishi, Do you know who's Nishi?" he started as he nervously looked up and saw Sunoo with a bewildered look on his face. "I- I don't know." Sunoo was still puzzled that it made his mind go wild for a while. Who is Nishi?

"Well, hyung. this may sound unbelievable but, you already know Riki. this time it's Nishi, when Riki is a part of me, Nishi is too. And the one who hurt you and the other's, the one you all thought that it's me. It wasn't me who did all of that, it was Nishi."

"w- what?"

Sunoo blinked a multiple times before clearing his throat. Yes, it's indeed unbelievable. 

"Are you telling me the truth?"

"Yes, I am!"

"Why should I believe you, you almost killed us." screw everything, Sunoo didn't mean to sound so rude while saying those words. but it's too late now as Niki's eyes were now glassy, brimmed with tears, the younger weakly bowed his head. It didn't go well, it's not yet even the start. And, it is really far from what Niki was expecting to happen.

"Y- you can ask Jungwon, he.. he knows."

  Niki tried not to cry, he tried to shed any tear in front of his hyung. But, it was falling nonstop and so he helplessly cried. biting on his lips to prevent letting out any noise again, he didn't look up, even a mere second. 

"Niki, I.. I didn't mean to sound so rude but-"

"It's.. it's okay hyung."

 the blonde only gave him a pained smile. how pathetic of Niki to cry in front of Sunoo. Niki felt like shit, weak, useless. Why did he even cry? 

"Niki, stop crying. How are you suppose to tell me everything when you keep crying there?"

"Yeah. You're right, hyung"

I SWEAR, I PROMISED THAT CHAPS WILL BE LONGER AND HERE I AM, UPDATING A VV SHORT CHAPTER. SO SO SORRI, HEHE.. AND OH, I THOT THIS CHAPTER WILL BE LIKE A 'SOFT CHAPTER' NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S NOT, FOR ME. I RAN OUT OF WATER, BYE.