45. Late Night Adventures?!

Aiden's P.O.V

"I-I..." I  stuttered, trying to get words out my mouth but I just couldn't. 

"Aiden, you are scaring me now. You are totally shaken, come inside." Olivia commanded as I just shook my head. 

She frowned at me as she grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside her house. She continued pulling me to the staircase as I spotted Laura coming out the kitchen. 

She smiled brightly as she noticed me as she beamed, "Aiden! How are you?" 

"Hey Laura, can you send two cups of coffee upstairs? Aiden and I need to have a personal conversation!" Olivia said as she guided me towards her room as I saw Laura nodded understandingly as she disappeared back in the kitchen. 

She shut the door behind her as she made me sit on the bed. She grabbed the chair kept with her table as she rolled it in front of me and plopped down on it. 

She held my hands tightly as I looked up at her bright blue eyes with emotions swirling in them.

"What is wrong Aiden?" She whispered. 

"It's nothing Olivia, I... just drop it, it's nothing." I quickly said, again remembering his words and the feel of the gun against me, causing me to shudder in fear.

She held my face tenderly between her palms as she lifted my head to face her. She smiled at me sadly as she said softly, "I can feel you lying to me Aiden and I don't like it. Why can't you tell me? You have been for me whenever I needed you, in my worst moments. Do you think I can't be with you in your worst moments? Please Aiden, trust me with this. Let me help you because I know something is definitely off." 

"I... I got attacked Olivia." I sputtered out as both of our eyes widened. 

"Attacked means?" She asked in a low voice. 

I took in a deep breath, trying to continue. She quickly discarded the chair as she sat beside me on the bed. She took my hands as she placed them on her lap, soothingly rubbing her thumb over it.

"I was out for a jog. I was returning  when I had this terrible feeling as if someone was following me but nobody was there. I didn't realize when or how it happened, but I found myself pinned against a scary dude in a shady narrow alleyway. I punched him and kneed him which might have angered him even more. He pulled out his gun as he pressed it against my temple. I had never been more scared in my life Olivia, it felt like the last moment..." I trailed off as I hung my head low. 

I couldn't help but feel weak right now. I felt Olivia engulf me in her arms as I was quick to wrap my arms around her too. The warmth seeping through my body seemed to calm me down a little. 

"Was it a mugger?" She asked as I shook my head hesitatingly. He warned me from staying with Olivia, but I just couldn't bring myself to lie to her.

"It was actually... He mentioned you." I felt her freeze beside me in an instant. 

"He said what?" She asked, a tone of fear lacing her tone. 

"He told me to stay away from you... not pry on you. He called me a creetaan or something. I didn't really get the word with his weird accent." I sighed wearily. 

(A/N: I suck at the pronunciation of these words so I apologize in advance...)

"Wait, did he say crétin?" She asked as she pronounced the word in the exact same way as I raised my eyebrows. 

"Yeah! That's exactly how he pronounced it! How do you know it?"

"It's... It's a French word. It means like, it means a dumbass to be exact." She sighed as pressed her lips together.