love drought

Summary: Love is patient, love is kind. Love is supposed to bring you peace of mind. But be careful because the one you love can be the devil in disguise. If only someone told him that sooner.

*Rini angst*

A/N: This is about toxic and abusive relationships, so if that's a trigger for you please skip this.

(Don't worry neither Ricky or Nini are the toxic ones!)

***********************************************

Ricky was a very happy person.

If you were to walk by him, you'd think he's just your average joe. Probably has a normal job, maybe a girlfriend, and a decent enough apartment. Maybe you'd assume he was happy because of the lively smile on his face that he'd showcase to the world.

He greeted everyone, even when he didn't have to. He went above and beyond to defend his loved ones. He's the type of guy who would do you a favor and never expect anything in return. He lit up any room he walked into.

Ricky was a vulnerable person.

It was one of his dominant characteristics, but it really only showed when he was upset or really passionate about something. He saw it as a weakness, but his closest friend, Nini, told him it made him who he was. And that he should love everything that makes him the caring person he is.

After that, he viewed it as a strength. Others saw it as a weakness.

Ricky was a trusting person.

Another one of his many qualities that sometimes could lead to bad paths. Ricky liked to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, stating that everyone deserves a second chance when they screw up.

Or third chances, fourth chances...fifth chances.

She knew that.

She had been watching for a while now, taking mental notes on the man from the sidelines in their history class on Thursday's. She finally decided to make a move when she catches him at a bar. She didn't know he'd be here, but she sees this as a sign.

She slips into the spot beside him, orders the same drink he has (not so much of a coincidence), and introduces herself.

Mallory.

A simple name at the time. He thought it suited her beauty well.

He didn't know her name meant bad luck.

He didn't know that the second he shook her hand that she'd leave a permanent mark on his life forever.

Ricky was pretty happy.

He had been seeing Mallory for a solid three months now. He's never been so happy with someone. He spends all his free time with her. At first, they'd hang with his friends in his apartment every Friday like he always does. But Mallory didn't really want them around, wanting to be alone with him instead.

That was totally fine with him; it was normal to want to spend quality time together. His friends were a little upset he stopped hosting, but didn't think much of it. Ashlyn and Gina's place ended up being the main spot for Friday's now. Everyone was invited and was allowed to bring a guest if they pleased.

Ricky was excited to hear that; he wishes he could say the same for Mallory.

Mallory wasn't very social. She'd acknowledge people if they spoke, but it was usually a nod. Mallory wasn't a fan of his female friends. They hugged him too tight. They joked with him too frequently. They were taking his attention away from her.