Baby, Please Come Home

Summary: Ricky is greeted by an unexpected visitor during his Christmas get together.

*Rini fluff*

A/N: You know damn well I put my opinions about Josh's new releases and his latest interview at the bottom. Feel free to gander at them when you're done.

***********************************************

Ricky was extremely overwhelmed, but it was a happy type of overwhelmed.

He was currently hosting a Christmas party in his condo with a mix of his friends, his lovely girlfriend's friends, and some of her family. His girlfriend, Lily, had been the one to come up with the idea. She had told him a week ago that she invited a few people over for a gathering since they were getting serious. By a few, she meant 20 people.

She said he can invite his friends too so he has someone to talk to besides her. Ricky wasn't exactly thrilled by the thought of 20 plus people being in his two-levelled condo with not nearly as much space as Lily believes there is, but he was willing to do this for her since she seemed so happy.

Lily decorated the place and made the shopping list while she had him buy all the materials and helped prep the food. It was nice because it felt like they were a flourishing couple, which is all he desired after his agonizing split from his long-time ex, Nini.

Nini and Ricky dated for a solid seven years and were best friends for two decades. Everyone wasn't shocked when Ricky confessed his feelings for her in their freshman year of college since they had clearly had a thing for each other for a while now; however, they were surprised to hear of their split.

A year ago, Nini and Ricky had gotten into a huge fight about their future together. Nini wanted to leave Salt Lake and move out to The Big Apple to pursue a job she was offered. Ricky was proud of her for getting the job, but he didn't see himself becoming accustomed to the urban life or the cold environment. He also didn't like that they'd both be far from their loved ones.

This led to a huge argument that ended with her packing her bag and storming out of his condo. She had come back two days later to inform him that she took the job, and they both agreed it was best they depart since they couldn't meet in the middle. Ricky was devastated since she had always been a constant in his life, and she was his first and only love. Now, she's gone forever, and he hasn't spoken to her since.

He unfollowed her on everything and unfavorited her contact, but he did constantly fight the urge to reach out or stalk her pages. Sometimes one of his friends catches him up to date with her, but they stop when they see how sad he gets by the mention of her.

He misses her a lot, but he knows that their break up was for the best. She seemed to be happy and thriving in NYC, and he's glad he didn't hold her back from that. Besides, he was gifted another chance at love, and he can technically thank Nini for that.

He had met Lily during his lunch break at a tavern in downtown Salt Lake back in June. She had approached him at his booth since he was alone and sparked up a conversation. He ended up loving her company and found himself entertained by her fun personality. He liked her so much that he asked her on a date, and she of course said yes. Ever since then, they've been seeing one another. That was six months ago.

The past six months with Lily felt nothing like it did in all his years with Nini. Lily was a lot stricter and bossier than she appeared when they first met, but Ricky learned to like it. Her bossiness was actually good for him at times since he was a procrastinator and is always tardy. She also liked to move quickly and wasn't fond of honeymoon phases. He noticed that when she had him meet her parents only two weeks into making it official. He was very nervous and a bit confused, but he put on a smile to make Lily happy.