Bluffing and Huffing

Summary: In which, Ricky and Nini fight to get to the shower first.

*Rini fluff/humor*

***********************************************

Ricky and Nini always shared with one another. Ever since they met in kindergarten, they've loved splitting meals, sharing toys, and plenty of other things. Despite being the only child in their families, they were pretty used to sharing with others.

But being the only child in your household did entail for one thing. You don't know how to share space, and boy did that become evident.

Ricky had moved back from Colorado after graduating college in May. He had no desire to move in with his dad who had moved two cities over from their old house, and he'll be damned before going to stay with his mom in Chicago.

He wanted to move back to his hometown with all of his long time friends, and Nini just so happened to have moved into a two bedroom apartment a month before he got back. He felt like it was fate telling him to move in with her.

She didn't even hesitate when he asked to move in with her. It was a good choice for everyone involved. They were pretty good at moving around each other within the apartment. Ricky and her would share the common areas comfortably.

He claimed his spot on the right side of the couch while she claimed the recliner chair. Sometimes they'd meet in the middle of the couch and cuddle while watching a movie.

They shared the kitchen fine and had no problem letting the other eat one another's groceries or use their favorite mug. Hell, they even shared his hoodies and her fuzzy bunny house slippers.

But one thing they never once had to share in their life with anyone was a bathroom, and good god did that become a problem the first month he was there.

The first time it was a problem was on the first Friday he was there. Their work schedules were usually able to work around each other when it came to usage of the bathroom. He got up an hour earlier than her on Monday's through Thursday's, but apparently on Friday's he goes an hour later. She didn't know that.

That's when it went downhill.

She had gotten up at her regular time; 8:30 sharp. She went straight for the bathroom for her morning shower, but she was taken aback by the presence of her best friend coming out of his room with only a towel around his waist.

"What the hell?"

He chuckled. "Good morning to you too, Neens."

"Sorry, but I thought you were already at work."

"Nope, don't have to go til 9:45 on Fridays."

"Good to know."

She then put two and two together when she noticed he was bare chested with only a towel on. "Wait are you about to take a shower?"

"I feel like the towel is a dead giveaway."

"But I'm about to take a shower."

"Well I'm already all set to get in so..."

There was a silent moment as they stared at one another. As if they could tell what the other was thinking, they both ran for the bathroom. Nini's room was a little closer and Ricky was holding up his towel, so she naturally had the upper hand. Or so she thought.