Can You Mend My Heart Too?

Summary: In which Nini bonds with her buildings repair man and tries to find an excuse for him to come and fix something.

*Rini fluff*

************************************************

When Nini was told by the former owners that the place needed a little TLC, they weren't kidding.

Her apartment had a few loose screws, faulty faucets, and she was pretty sure she spotted some mold near her bathroom sink.

She would've aimed for a more upscale complex if she had the money, but she was a 22 year old who was fresh out of college. She didn't want to live with her moms because she felt it was time to step out of her comfort zone. She had a 9-5 job at a record shop a few blocks away that only paid her $9.50 an hour, so it's not exactly like she had a choice.

The former owners had left the name and number of the building's repair man, stating that she would most definitely need him and that he was really sweet.

She was just going to ignore the few problems she had with her place, not really wanting to pay for services. Well that is until she turns on her kitchen sink and it begins to spurt warm water to her face, soaking her white blouse.

Faucet: 1
Nini: 0

She groaned and began to type in the number of the repair man into her phone. It rang two times before he answered.

"Uh, hello?" A groggy voice said on the other line.

By the sounds of it, he probably had just woken up from a nap. She sort of felt bad for waking him, but a messed up faucet wasn't something you could ignore long.

"Hi um, is this Richard Bowen, the repair man for the Villa Rica apartment complex?"

"Uh yeah, what's up?"

His voice seems more awake, and she can hear the creaking of a bed in the background.

"Hi, my name is Nini Salazar-Roberts, and I live in apartment 101. My kitchen faucet is spurting water at me, and I don't know how to fix it."

She hears him sigh into the phone.

"Yeah, cool, I'll be there in like ten seconds." He said abruptly before hanging up the phone.

Judging by his tone, she had a feeling that maybe the former owners were over exaggerating on how nice he was. He seemed like he really didn't want to be bothered.

Sure enough, she heard knocking on the door about 9 seconds after she called. Wow, she didn't really think he meant it when he said ten seconds.

She opened the door and was greeted by a very tall curly headed brunette man with blond tips. He was dressed as what she expected a stereotypical skater boy would dress like. He had black vans, ripped jeans, a white t-shirt with a red & black plaid button down shirt on top. She definitely wasn't expecting him to be so young, especially someone so...attractive.

"You Nini Salazar-Roberts?"

She snapped back to reality and nods her head.

He lifts up his toolbox. "You called for a repair man?"

She nods again and mentally kicks herself for not using her words.

He makes a small grin. "So are you gonna let me in or what?" He asks jokingly.

She blushes and opens the door wider for him to enter. "Oh yeah,p sorry come in. I'll show you what I'm talking about." He follows behind her to the kitchen.

"You know, I didn't expect you to actually be here in ten seconds."

He chuckles under his breath. "Yeah well I am a man of my word." He begins to play with the faucet and gets a little of the water on him.