Rippin' N Runnin'

Summary: Two competitive strangers start a trend of racing each other to the same bus stop.

*Rini Fluff/humor*

~Based off the above post~

************************************************

It all started when Nini had moved to NYC. She had no car before she entered the Big Apple which isn't too much of an inconvenience since most people use public transportation anyways, so she couldn't complain.

She had been following behind a stranger who was tall and curly headed. She had only lived here for a month now, and he apparently had a similar morning schedule to hers.

He was always a few steps ahead of her always beating her to the bus stop by a few minutes since she tends to get stopped by the traffic light. She never spoke to him before, but she noticed that he was quite the looker with his strong jawline, lean body, and honey eyes.

The most contact they've ever had is a polite head nod to acknowledge the other's existence since it seemed rude not to when you're the only two at a bus stop. They didn't even sit near each other on the bus, with him in the front while she usually chose the back.

She never intended on communicating with him at all; that is until the second month arrived. She had gotten up a little earlier since she wanted to get a coffee on the way to work. She noticed that the curly headed stranger wasn't anywhere in sight.

She checked her watch and noticed she was at the light a little earlier than him for once. She didn't think much of it. As she walked on the crosswalk, the tall stranger zoomed passed her. She almost dropped her coffee at the sudden motion.

He turns his head over his shoulder and smirks when he gets to the bus stop before her. "I've been winning for two months now, and I can't stop now. See you tomorrow."

She stared at him in disbelief, trying her best to think of a rebuttal. She didn't get the chance because the bus had pulled up before she could get a word in. He gives her a playful wink before hopping on the bus and taking his normal spot.

She eyes him down as she makes her way to her spot in the back. She feels her competitive side begin to show up. He better be ready for tomorrow because she was bringing her running shoes and had no intentions on losing.

***

Nini had woken up a tiny bit earlier that day. After work, she had done a few work outs to make sure she wouldn't cramp up too much when she runs. She had placed her heels in her bag for later. This stranger had no idea what he signed up for. 

She had sped walked up when she got to the spot where he usually would show up. She wasn't shocked to see that he had just turned from the corner he normally comes from.

He had seemed taken aback by her and even more thrown when he noticed she had running shoes instead of her usual pumps. He walked directly beside her and tried to appear nonchalant about this.

He snuck a look at her before speeding up a little bit. She copied his motion keeping up with him despite the height difference. When he saw that she was still beside him, he began booking it.

She took a deep breath before sprinting right after him. He peered over his shoulder and smirked when he saw she was a good enough distance from him. Bystanders had looked at them weird, but both were too focused on the competition at hand. 

He had been three steps ahead of her when they got to the crosswalk. She saw that the countdown was counting down from 5, and he was already crossing the street. She almost made it to the crosswalk, but the countdown stopped and the light turned red before she could get in front of him.