Tale as Old as Time

Summary: Two hearts always seem to find each other even after being reincarnated in different centuries.

*Rini Angst and Fluff*

************************************************

1091- England

Nini was not easily impressed by men of this age. I mean could you blame her?

Nini was the next in line of the throne for England. A few years ago, her parents had passed from a disease they had caught in Scandinavia that they did not yet have the cure for. Nini did not have any siblings and the only living relatives were incompetent of taking the throne due to their mental or physical health. She was not yet ready to take on such a task at the ripe age of 16.

Of course, she was trained to be prepared to become the queen her entire life, but she didn't realize how swiftly that time would come. She now officially made the youngest queen of England to ever exist, and the press was all over her. No one really understood her except for her amazing friend Kourtney who was a citizen that had worked as a servant for her.

They were currently in Nini's room getting ready for a meeting with a series of princes she already knew that she would be uninterested in. She has never met a genuinely good prince in all of the continent yet, and she's assuming the people she's been assigned to meet aren't any better.

Kourtney was helping her tighten a corset. "Ow sweet heavens! Kourtney please do be careful! You're going to squeeze the breath out of my breast."

Kourtney gave an apologetic face as she loosened up her corset. "Sorry your highness."

Nini rolled her eyes. "I told you not to refer to be as that. It's far too formal."

"But your highness you know I'd get an earful if even one person hears me refer to you as your birth name."

"Do you see anyone else in this room right now?"

Kourtney looked around and saw no one. "I suppose not."

"As queen, my first order ever is for you to refer to me as Nini from now on regardless of what others say. No if's, and's, or but's about it."

Kourtney seemed stunned by her words. "Surely you don't mean that."

"I indeed do. Now help me put on some make up. I really don't feel like hearing a mouthful from Madam Jenn about me not meeting my requirements for an appropriate amount of makeup. It becomes quite dreadful I admit."

Kourtney did as she was told and finished it in time for the meeting of the princes. Five princes later and Nini was bored out of her mind.

All of them were more or less horrible options for her. They either gloated too much or were just arseholes. When Madam Jenn was about to call for the next man, Nini put a halt to it.

"I think I've seen enough for the day. I'll be retiring to my room if anyone needs me." Nini said as she stormed out of the room. She heard footsteps from behind her.

"Your majesty you can't just run off on a prince like that! It'll make the kingdom and you look bad!" Madam Jenn said. Nini didn't stop her pace or even look back at her.

"Then let them think that. I have no desire to meet another empty brained prince. I find it ridiculous that I need to be wed to rule anyways. Is there a way for me to rule unmarried?"

Madam shook her head and gave her a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry your highness, but rules are rules. You'd have to give up your throne in order to get out of this."

"Then I'll give up my throne." Nini said nonchalantly.

Madam Jenn gasped loudly. "Your highness, surely you don't mean that!"