The Pact

Summary: Ricky, Nini, and Red have been best friends since kindergarten. They share a lot in common with each other, which is a great thing. Well, maybe not always a great thing.

No one could have predicted that Red and Ricky would end up sharing this one trait in common, secretly being in love with Nini. To avoid controversy, the two boys make a pact to never date her, but will they be able to follow through?

*Rini Fluff*

************************************************

Ricky, Nini, and Red were essentially glued to the hip. It was rare to see them apart, but that's to be expected when you've been friends since the 1st grade.

Ricky and Red had already been friends since they met in pre-k. Red had brought along Nini when he saw the new girl sitting alone at an empty lunch table. The second she was introduced to Ricky, it seemed like something clicked in all three of them. It's like they all knew right then and there that they were meant to be close friends, and boy were they right about that.

Over the years, they've had countless hang outs, co-ed sleepovers, shared graduation parties and sometimes birthday parties. They even planned to attend colleges that weren't too far from each other since the thought of being far away bothered them.

With time, the trio only got closer. They made inside jokes they'd refuse to let others in on, share secrets, cry together, tease each other about crushes, and reconcile rather quickly when they fought. It was extremely rare for something to get between them.

But then 7th grade came.

It wasn't the year it all went downhill; however, it was definitely where it all began.

When they were 12, they had all been experiencing the nightmare that is puberty. Obviously, Nini got it first since girls mature faster. Ricky and Red barely noticed any major differences in her since she was still plain old Nini Panini to them, but what was hard to ignore was the amount of dudes in their grade that were asking them for her number or if she were available.

The two boys always grimace when they were asked about her, not only because the dudes who did ask were scummy, but also because the duo didn't view her in that light.

Well, at least at first.

One evening, Red's mom took them to a fair since one of Red's cousins came for a visit. Red and his cousin had split off to go play bumper cars since Nini didn't want to. Ricky decided to just stay with her because he didn't want her to be alone, so she advised them to go to the Ferris wheel instead.

He didn't have the heart to tell her that he thought Ferris wheels were lame, so he just went with it. He was happy he did because she formed that adorable toothy smile she makes when she's excited before grabbing his hand and dragging him to the ride.

He feels a weird electric like sensation go through his body at her touch that he has never felt before. He figured she just shocked him somehow and didn't think any of it. When the ride started moving, Nini began kicking her feet.

She looked at the fair below her and smiled. "Wow, everyone looks like small little dots."

"Oh yeah, I forgot this is your first time ever seeing over people's heads. How does it feel?"

She scoffs and nudges his arm. "Shut up!"

He chuckles. "You know I'm just kidding Neens."

"Yeah, yeah." She glances at him. "Thanks for coming on this with me."

"It's no biggie."

"Well, you could've easily said no and done bumper cars with the other two like I know you wanted to."