I Think I Kinda Fell For You

Summary: Ricky and Nini met in kindergarten, and have been best friends since. What they couldn't have predicted is that somewhere along the line, they would fall in love. (Basically them throughout the years up until they were a couple).

*Rini fluff/smut*

Setting: Salt Lake City in various years

{This can be found on my Disney/Nick Couples One Shots book however this is more edited}

************************************************

Kindergarten 2008

Nina Salazar-Roberts actually was pretty unique for a girl her age.

Despite the popular belief at her elementary school, girls and boys can be friends. Many of the girls in her class say that boys have cooties, but she knew it was nonsense. She equally played with both genders in perfect harmony despite the other kids thinking it was weird.

One day, she was playing with the other girls in the sandbox with their Barbie's until a huge red dodge ball hits her smack in the back of her head. She immediately began screaming from the throbbing pain at the back of her neck and looked around for the culprit.

She turned and saw a brunette boy with dark brown eyes running up to her with a worrisome face. "Are you okay Nina?" One of the girls at the sandbox asked.

Nina shrugged. "I don't know. It hurts a lot. Somebody call Ms. Matthews!"

The girl did as she was told and ran to her teacher.
The boy crouched down beside her and rested a caring hand on her shoulder. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay? Please don't tell; I didn't mean it!" The boy pleaded.

Nina was too fed up to feel like forgiving him at the moment. "You should watch where you're throwing that ball mister!" She shoved his hand off of her and pushed him to the ground. The boy was taken aback by her action, and other kids crowded around them either gasping in shock or saying oooo.

"What was that for?!"

"For not watching where you're going doo doo head!"

Before the fight could go on, Ms. Matthews appeared in between them before they could do any more damage to each other. "Hey! What's going on here?"

"He started it!"

"Nuh uh, she pushed me for no reason! I was just trying to apologize!" He said with a lisp.

"Well you shouldn't have hit me with a ball!"

"That's enough you two! Both of you need to go to the principals office, but first Nina I'm taking you to the nurse."

Ms. Matthews took both of their hands and guided them to the building as other kids on the playground either pointed at them or giggled behind their backs. Nina gave him a death glare. "You're dead kid." She mouthed to him. He responded by sticking out his tongue.

Nina came back to the front of the principals office with only an ice pack for her neck. When she saw the boy who had gotten her in this mess in the first place, she glared at him. He saw her in the corner of his eye and gave her a nervous look.

She angrily sat one seat away from him, which is the farthest she could get from him since there were only 3 seats. She crossed her arms and looked straight ahead.