Glue

Summary: In which, Nini has a dream that her and Ricky break up and tries not to leave his side.

*Rini Fluff/Hurt and comfort*

***********************************************

"I don't know what to tell you Neens."

Nini sobs as she wipes away her fallen tears. Her nostrils were flared, and her face was puffy.

"What do you mean you don't know what to tell me?! How about giving me a good explanation?!"

Ricky awkwardly scratches the back of his head and directs his eyes anywhere but at her.

"I already did."

"Ricky, people don't just break up after eight years together because you felt it was time."

"Yes, they do."

"Not us Ricky! We're not like other people! Most people haven't been friends since they were 5 and dated from their senior year in high school to their mid-20's! We tell each other everything, and you even gave me a promise ring just last year. You're really trying to tell me it was time? We were practically getting started!"

"I-I don't know what to tell you to help you better understand."

"How about the truth?"

They just stand there in their living room, or should she say what used to be their living room since he already packed his bags to leave to god knows where. He has a blank look in his eye that she didn't even recognize. It was almost lifeless, and she knew right then and there that it was truly over.

He had fallen out of love with her.

"Listen Nini, I'll always care about you. You're a major part of my life and always will be, but it's time to move on. We just weren't meant to be. Besides, you deserve a guy that won't walk out on you like this."

"Ricky..."

He picks up his luggage. "I left you some rent money for the rest of the year in the envelope on the dresser since I know you can't do it all alone, at least not yet."

"Then why are you leaving me all alone?!"

He just gives her a sad smile before sighing heavily. "I'm gonna head out. Take care Nini. I really am sorry for leaving like this. I hope you find-"

"Get out."

He blinks, slightly taken aback by her words. Right when he was about to say something else, she beats him to it.

"Get the fuck out!"

She pulls the ring off her finger and throws it at him. He blocked it with his arms and seemed shocked by her actions.

"Why the fuck are you still here if you wanna leave so bad?! I said get the fuck out!"

She pushes his chest harshly, and she finally sees that familiar gleam in his eye. That little light he always got when he felt guilty, but right now she wasn't trying to feel any form of sympathy for him.

He doesn't say anything. He just fixed himself up and closed the door behind him. The second he does, she falls to her knees and cries. She doesn't know how long she stayed there on the ground, but it was long enough for her to feel her knees bruising. Not like that mattered, nothing mattered anymore.

Half of her soul walked out of that door along with him, and she wasn't sure if she'd ever retrieve it back.

Nini shoots up from her bed in a cold sweat. She had noticed her vision was a little glassy and wiped her eyes. She must've been crying in her sleep. She quickly looks over to her right and lets out a sigh of relief at the sight of Ricky beside her.