Anyone Else

Summary: Nini tries to get over her longtime crush on her best friend by dating around.

*Rini fluff*

************************************************

The gang was currently at Gina and Kourtney's apartment claiming their place the main hang out spot for the group since it had the most space and was equidistant from everyone's places.

Kourtney had realized they all haven't hung out for a second due to their lives being busy as of recently, so she decided to throw a sleepover for the whole gang. They all were spread out across the living room and kitchen talking amongst each other.

Ricky, EJ, and Big Red had been tossing a pillow across the counter despite all of Gina's protest. The others had been gossiping in the living room about one of Carlos' coworkers who apparently had tried his patience today.

Nini had drifted off from the conversation letting her eyes focus their attention on something else, or should she say someone else.

She glanced over at her longtime best friend and crush tossing a pillow straight at EJ's head. She smiled when she watched as the sides of his eyes crinkle up and his dimples become more prominent due to his laughter.

She sighs as she watched him from the couch. She had been hopelessly in love with Ricky since their sophomore year of high school. At first, she thought it was just some school girl crush she'd get over within the year. She was far off.

If anything, she fell even harder for him as time went on. She tried her best to get over him, but nothing seemed to be working. Now she was 23 and still yearning for him to love her back.

She had been far too scared of telling him how she felt because of her fear of ruining their relationship and fear of him rejecting her. Everyone was painfully aware of her love for him not because she told them but because they could see it in her eyes and motions.

He turned his head and caught her eye. He smiled and winked at her, and she almost fainted. She played it off by giving him a weak wave and trying her best to hide her rosy cheeks. He turned his attention back to the pillow tossing. It's insane how much of an impact his simple smile has on her.

"Earth to Nini." Carlos snapped his fingers in her face.

Nini whipped her head towards the group and saw they were all giving her smug looks. She began blushing even harder at being caught staring at him.

"Sorry I got...side tracked. Uh what were you saying again Carlos?"

Carlos folded his arms. "Girl you didn't really think we were gonna let you off the hook that easy did you?"

She sighed. "I was hoping you would."

Seb nudged her lightly. "When are you gonna tell him?"

She shrugged as she played with the strings on her jeans. "I don't know; probably never at this point."

"Neens, you really gotta tell him. I mean it's almost been ten years. That's a really long time to keep a secret that big." Ashlyn says.

The others all nod in agreement. She grunts as she hugs the pillow beside her.

"Yeah I know. You guys have been saying that forever now."

Gina rested her hand on Nini's knee. "Hey you never know; he might feel the same way back."

Nini rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Yeah right."

Ricky had always been very vocal about his feelings when it came to liking a girl. If he liked her back, he would've said something by now.