You're Lovely (3)

Summary: Ricky and Nini's little family grows stronger together as the days go by.

~Third and final part of What I've Been Looking For/Heaven is You~

Part 3 of 3 to the Start of Something New series

*Rini fluff*

(You'll be confused if you haven't read the first two parts before reading this).

**********************************************

The Salazar-Roberts/Bowen household has been very lively recently. With the baby on the way and planning a wedding, it was almost impossible to catch a break. The wedding was only two months away, which meant that everything had to be all set in stone.

Nini was now six months pregnant and still tried her best to plan the wedding without getting too stressed. Ricky had been a little afraid that the wedding would affect her and the baby since they had to alter a few things due to her pregnancy.

It also didn't help that Nini was experiencing horrible morning sickness and was more irritable nowadays. Ricky had to always be extremely patient with his words so he wouldn't set her off.

The kids were pretty ignorant to their mom's moodiness and tended to accidentally make her upset. Ricky would always try to remove the kids from the same room as her whenever they did to let her cool off.

Ricky had basically been her knight in shining armor. He would take the kids to school and other places that they desired; he also would try to soothe any pain Nini was having if he could.

Nini was getting too big to do certain activities in general, so he was pretty much the head of household at the moment. Even though he loves his family, he is a little stressed out with so many responsibilities. He rarely got any time to himself anymore.

Nini wasn't off the hook from stress either. When she got to her fifth month of pregnancy, she had to stay on bedrest. She never had this problem with Eli and didn't know what to do to fill the time, so she usually cleaned around the house or planned for her wedding.

She'd get irritated when she couldn't do something as simple as reaching down to grab a toy on the ground or put on her shoes. The most annoying days were when the house was full of loud noises.

For some reason, her pregnancy had made her more sensitive to sound. She could hear the bikes rolling by outside louder than she could before and could hear the sound of pots shifting in the shelves. It was like it gave her superpowers or something, but she was not fond of it.

Having two kids in elementary school meant that there will always be noises no matter what. She snapped at her kids a few times already. She always felt bad about it afterwards, but she couldn't control her emotions right now.

One particular Friday evening, she felt far more bothered by the sounds in the house and wanted to scream. She didn't want to risk yelling at her kids or fiancé, so she dominantly stayed in her bedroom. She should've known that at least one of them would eventually come to check on her.

She hears a knock on her bedroom door before seeing Ricky enter the room, closing the door behind him. "Hey stranger."

She gives him a weak wave, not even finding the energy to speak. He sits on the edge of the bed beside her stomach. He gently rubbed her swollen belly.

"Has baby Bowen been active today?"

She shakes her head. "No, I'm kinda glad. I'm tired of restlessness in this household."

He raises a brow. "What do you mean?"

She sighs. "I love our kids. I really do, but for the love of God they are loud. I can hear them running around in the living room, in the yard, in their rooms. It's like I can't escape them. I know that sounds harsh, but I can't take it anymore. I don't know; maybe it's just the hormones talking."