You're My Flashlight

Summary: Nini helping Ricky cope with his chronic panic attacks and nightmares of a traumatic event over the years.

*Rini hurt and comfort*

(There's some violence in this btw, but only in the beginning scene)

(Also, there's some notes at the bottom you might wanna read)

************************************************

March 6, 2009.

A day that was supposed to be just like every other, but now it had been tainted forever for the Bowen household.

Everyone in that household can remember the day as if it were yesterday. Therapy helped sometimes, but it was basically pointless, especially for Ricky.

But perhaps in order for you to understand, you need to hear what happened first.

It was exactly 45 degrees Fahrenheit in Salt Lake City. There was a slight chill in the air, the clouds were gray, signaling that a storm was upon them. It's almost as if mother nature were trying to warn the Bowen's that an evil endeavor was amongst them.

Ricky had been home from elementary school for a few hours now. His mother had come in the door not too long ago, greeting her only child with a brief hello before turning on some music as she got started on dinner. Mike Bowen was at work; he always worked late since he got his new job at that insurance firm.

At 7:31 pm, Lynne calls her son down to eat dinner. The sound of his little feet could be heard as he ran down the stairs, already knowing the smell of spaghetti and meatballs, his favorite meal.

The 4th grader hopped up into the kitchen chair and started scarfing down the noodles, not caring that his face was getting messier by the second. His mother tried to get him to calm down but knew in the end he'd end up doing what he wanted.

The clock reads 8:02 pm. The clouds have turned black, thunder could be heard from the distance, and the wind was blowing hard against the window. Lynne is in the kitchen cleaning off their dinner plates while Ricky is in his room with a full stomach, preparing for bed. He was excited to see his best friend, Nini, tomorrow since they had a play date scheduled after school.

Ricky hears the front door open; he doesn't think much of it since his dad usually came around this time. That is until he hears his mother scream like a banshee and a few dishes breaking.

The commotion gets his attention, and he immediately goes to inspect the source of the ruckus. The rain seems to be falling down a little harder above him with each step. As he runs, he has a feeling in his chest telling him to turn around. (He wishes he listened looking back).

He quickly sprints down the stairs and searches for his mother. He sees where a plate had been thrown against the wall. His eyes travel to the kitchen. All he sees is more shattered glass and a little blood, but not too much. But any amount of blood is enough to be concerned.

He looks down and sees his mother's feet from behind the counter; she was clearly laying on the floor based on her position. He heard her whimper, so he walked up to her with caution. He gasped when he finally got a look at her.

She had a few marks on her face and arms, but the real damage was on her chest. Someone had given her a pretty deep slash with what he assumed must've been something sharp. He began tearing up due to fear and concern.

When Lynne sees him, her eyes widen in fear for him. She realized he was vulnerable to the monster in their home, and there was nothing she could do about it. She mustered up whatever strength she had in her and pointed to the house phone on the counter.