Bondin' N Banterin'

Summary: The two competitive strangers bonding after Ricky asked Nini out on the bus.

*Rini fluff*

~Sequel to Rippin' N Runnin'~

(If you haven't already, you wanna read the first one to enjoy this one more)

**********************************************

Nini had been stretching as she awaited her racing opponent to arrive. She had naturally gotten up a lot earlier than usual today, so she figured she may as well get ready for the day.

Ever since Ricky had started this racing tradition between them, she had been dressing for the occasion. It was an odd bonding exercise, but every pair had their own thing.

While she was stretching out her legs, she saw a familiar head of curls in her peripheral view.

"Well aren't you up early."

She smiles as she stands up straight. "Am I, or are you just late?"

He checks the time. "Nope, you're just early."

"Everyone knows that you're actually late when you're on time. It's one of the first things you learn as an adult Richard. Take notes."

He chuckled as he prepared to race. "Whatever you say sweetheart."

"Ready to lose Bowen?"

"You'll be eating those words when you eat my dust Sal-Robs."

She scoffed. "We'll see about that."

He got in position. "On your mark, get set, go!"

Both booked it using all their willpower. Over the months, both of them have caught onto each other's running skills and know what to expect from one another.

Nini was technically faster, but he will always have the advantage of having longer legs, so she always had to adjust to his pace to win. They were both running at the same speed trying their best to get a little ahead of the other, but it was hard.

They could see the crosswalk light counting down from 10 just a few feet away from them. He peered over at her. "Hey, one of your earrings fell off."

"Oh shit, for real?" She slowed down a bit and rubbed her ears only to notice neither of her earrings were missing. "Hey neither of them are-

She realized she was talking to nobody when she turned her head to where he was. Ricky had already been running across the crosswalk before she reached it. He let out a victory shout as he watched her cross the street with an annoyed expression.

"I told you you'd be eating your words!"

"I can't believe I fell for that."

"Who knew you could be so gullible Neens?"

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah."

He walks up to her, wraps his arms around her waist, and pulls her to his torso. "Does the winner get a prize?"

She rests her chin on his chest as she loosely coils her arms around his hips. "Depends on what the winner wants."

He pretends to think. "Oh I know, how about a kiss?"

She smirks. "Sure, close your eyes."

He was shocked she had said yes, but he followed her demand. He puckered his lips waiting for her to meet him in the middle. She got on her tippy toes and cupped his face with both hands.

She ghosted her lips over his. Right before their lips fully touched, she placed her lips on his cheek instead. He groaned and squeezed her hips in annoyance, causing her to laugh.