It's a not so Wonderful Life Without You

Summary: Nini ended on bad terms with her long-term boyfriend a few months before the Christmas season and wished she had never dated him to erase the pain. But she never thought that her wish could come true.

*Rini angst/fluff*

~ Inspired by A Christmas Carol ~

A/N: Some characters do experience alcoholism, sexual harassment , and drug abuse. Just know it's nothing too extreme or graphic. If that's still a trigger for you, please skip this.

***********************************************

Nini drags her feet as she enters her home. Normally, a person who has successfully made it as an upcoming actress and paid for a lovely house that was neither outlandishly large or the size of an apartment would be thrilled to come home, but that wasn't the case for Nini.

Nini hasn't smiled in exactly 75 days, 13 hours, and 15 minutes, and counting. She didn't even grant fake smiles to anyone unless one of her characters had to on screen. But what would cause such a successful person to feel so blue during the most wonderful time of the year, especially on Christmas Eve?

Here's some hints. He's about 5'11, has curly brown hair and hazel eyes, and is the only person who is able to break the stonewall that is Nina Salazar-Roberts.

It still hurts just thinking about him, and unfortunately a lot of the things around her house will always remind her of him. She wouldn't dare throw some of his things out though because she'd start to cry at the thought of officially losing any part of him forever. When her friends or moms advised her to talk to him or brought him up in general, she'd become extremely defensive and change the subject.

Her longtime boyfriend and her broke up after ten years of dating, and it tore her apart. She's had numerous awful experiences that left her hopeless in her life such as losing her scholarship during junior year, not getting a role that would've certified her as a star, and many other setbacks. But nothing on earth was more devastating than losing the love of her life.

She sometimes will replay their last day together in her head just to torture herself because it was better than feeling nothing at all, which is what she's been experiencing lately. She still recalls the outfit he wore, the cologne he sprayed on, and how distraught he looked as he cried and yelled at her before leaving her life forever.

They had been going through a dry spell for a while now due to them both wanting separate things regarding their family. Nini really wanted to start having kids and finally tie the knot as soon as possible since it was obvious they were gonna get there one day, but Ricky had other plans.

He was on board with children and marriage, but he wanted to wait about five more years when they're both fully settled into their careers since neither were making the money they should have been at the time.

That fight carried on for two months, which created an intolerable environment and him sleeping in the guest room a lot. The final nail in the coffin was when she came home and saw despair painted on his face. She didn't even have to ask; she already knew he was leaving.

They got into one final argument before he packed his bags and moved in with his friend, EJ. The moment he left, she dropped to her knees and cried until her lungs and vocal chords hurt. It was to the point where she couldn't speak for two days straight and had to take vacation days off work. She hasn't seen or spoken to him since.

A month after he left, she ended up getting the main role of a new Netflix show, which was exactly what she needed to financially support herself and her future family. Despite landing the part, it felt incomplete when Ricky was the one she should have shared that special moment with.