Tightrope

Summary: Nini doesn't like taking risks, but maybe some people are worth coming out of her comfort zone for.

*Rini Fluff*

~Inspired by the video above~

A/N: Thanks to the person that gave me this idea like a month ago. I switched it up a bit, but I hope I still did it justice!

VERY exciting news at the bottom! :)

***********************************************

Nini Salazar-Roberts was a lot of things.

She's extremely smart. That was her most dominant personality trait. She was always either the top of her class or part of the top ten all throughout high school.

She's multi-talented. Her moms pressured her into getting into various hobbies over the years so that colleges would look at her, and they thought it'd help her make friends. Some of those hobbies included advanced reading, roller skating, chess, theater, chorus, and being exceptionally good at math and science. And those talents are only the tip of the iceberg.

She's also very sweet. Her moms made sure she was very polite and treated every person with kindness as long as they deserved her respect. She was taught not to hit people or seek revenge even when someone has horribly wronged her unless it's life threatening. People liked her when they did speak with her, but she was very forgettable since she was so reserved.

Though she had all these abilities and talents, she still lacked one thing.

Courage.

One downfall of being raised to basically be confidential and genteel was that she grew up thinking that raising her voice when it wasn't necessary was rude and would disturb others around her, so she kept to herself. Despite being in numerous clubs, she didn't really befriend anyone except for her friend Ashlyn, who she met in a Renaissance club back in freshman year.

Ashlyn was basically Nini's polar opposite when it came to her relationship with people. She loved socializing and meeting as many people as possible. It was the sole reason she joined so many clubs. Ashlyn always tried to drag Nini to outings with her, but she'd always decline with some lame excuse.

Nini always envied her social skills. It's not like she didn't want to meet people; it's more that she had no idea how to without looking like a babbling idiot. It amazes her that she was even able to speak to Ashlyn normally when she approached her three years ago.

Nini and Ashlyn were currently sitting under the tree near the front of the school. Classes were about to start in roughly five minutes, and for some reason students here love gathering in the front instead of elsewhere before classes.

Nini and Ashlyn always jokingly said it was because of the High School Musical movies impacting actual East High students since those characters were always crowding the front for whatever reason. (Seriously, why did they do that?)

Nini had been peacefully scrolling through her Tumblr blog whenever Ashlyn harshly nudged her arm, causing her to wince.

"Ow Ash, that hurt!" She rubbed the area while scowling at her friend.

Ashlyn seemed unfazed by her injury and glossed over it. "There's a football game this weekend and a party afterwards."

Nini groaned and rolled her eyes, already knowing where she was going with this. "No, I'm not going, and you can't make me. I have to practice my piano piece anyways."

"Oh please, don't act like you don't know that thing by heart by now. You've been practicing for a month, and I'm confident you can take a break from it for a few hours. I'm pretty sure you're the only teen I have to convince to relax on weekends."