Everybody Knows

Summary: In which, Ricky and Nini's parents are aware they've gotten back together despite neither of them saying it and impatiently wait for them to admit it.

*Rini Fluff*

***********************************************

Ricky and Nini have been dating for a solid month now since they reconciled after the musical, and they knew for a fact that they weren't going to split up over miscommunication again. Ricky promised to be more detailed with his words since he wasn't as explicit as he thought while Nini promised to not jump to conclusions or beat around the bush with uncomfortable topics.

It was the perfect system for the new and improved pair, and it was working flawlessly. Ricky explained to her why he broke it off with her while she told him about her offer to YAC that she declined and how she never fell out of love with him. It was the most mature and needed conversation they've ever had.

The only people who were aware of their relationship was their friends and anyone at East High who passed by the lovey dovey couple. It was impossible not to know they were dating since their PDA was heightened to make up for lost time. They weren't even this touchy when they were together the first time.

Little did they know, another group of people was very much aware of the couple's reconciliation. And that group was their parents.

Since opening night, both have been hanging out with each other all of a sudden, which definitely caught their parents' attention. Carol and Dana noticed it first since Nini had ran down the stairs one evening, quickly stating where she was going and who she was going with. Carol had asked if they were friends again, and Nini just blushed, smiled, and nodded before jotting out the door.

The mothers watched her from the window run to Ricky, who was waiting outside of his car for her. She jumped and gave him a bear hug as he spun her, which is something they used to do when they were together. The mothers looked at each other and smiled knowingly.

This wasn't the last time they caught them.

One Wednesday night, Carol had been sitting in the corner reading in the dimly lit living room whenever she hears the front door creak open. Nini walks in but doesn't notice her mom yet. Nini spins around on her heel to face something.

Carol overhears Nini's voice talking to someone behind the door and realized it belonged to Ricky. She couldn't hear what they were saying, but she could tell they had just come back from a date based off what Nini was wearing. Carol hears a kissing sound before Nini shuts the door.

Nini looks at the ground and forms a cheesy smile. Carol considered letting her walk up without saying anything, but her teasing side couldn't resist.

"Had a good night?"

Nini freezes as she looks up at her mom in shock. Her eyes widen, and her heartbeat quickens at being caught red handed. "Momma C, what're you doing up so late?"

"I should be asking you the same thing, dear."

"Well I uh-I was just really craving a milkshake late at night and decided to invite a friend."

"Ricky?"

"How'd you know?"

Carol shrugs. "Lucky guess." Carol could see the worry in her daughter's eyes and decided to put her out of her misery. "Well, don't stay up late again."

"Sorry." Nini swiftly made her way to the stairs.

"Nini."

She stops mid step and looks at Carol. "Yes, mom?"