Sweet Dreams

Summary: Ricky documents all the silly little things Nini says when she's sleeping talking.

*Rini fluff*

~Inspired by the above post~

***********************************************

Ever since Ricky has been with his beautiful girlfriend of five years, she's made life more enjoyable.

He adored everything about her and found himself falling deeper in love every single day he spends with her. He of course relished all of her little odd quirks like scraping her nail polish during horror movies to calm her nerves, or eating half a quart of ice cream when she was nervous just to regret it later.

Though he liked those little habits of hers, his all time favorite one was whenever she'd talk in her sleep. The first time he noticed it was during their first night in their new apartment. She had warned him ahead of time that she was a bad sleep talker, but he didn't pay it any mind, thinking that it was probably a few mumbles.

He happened to get up in the middle of the night and  overheard her groaning in her sleep. He didn't think much of it until he hears her speak.

"No, I don't like shots. They make my head all woozy."

Ricky cracked a smile. He thought she was done, but apparently there was some more words left in her.

"Tequila? On a Wednesday night? Ashlyn, are you insane?"

He silently chuckled, afraid he'd wake her up. He decided to just listen in to see what else she'd say.

"Ricky, is at home waiting. I can't be out too long. I miss him."

His heart couldn't handle her cuteness. He scooted closer to her and carefully wrapped his arms around her waist in a spooning position.

"Yeah, I love him." She mumbles with a faint smile on her face.

He kissed her shoulder. "I love you too." He whispers even though he knows she can't hear him.

He waited for her to continue, but her words get replaced with gentle snores. He was a little disappointed since he wanted to hear more, but he smiled when he realized that he can look forward to this every night for the rest of his life.

***

Ricky began documenting after the fifth night. He didn't realize she meant she talks in her sleep every night, but he guesses she wouldn't register that she was doing it consistently.

It was another thing to look forward to. She tended to usually recite things she did or said in her day. So far, they were all harmless and meaningless. Somehow that made it ten times more exciting to listen to since they were things she wouldn't tell him when he asks about her day because she deemed those smaller details as irrelevant, but he viewed everything she did as important.

She rolled over onto his chest, and he already knew what was coming.

"Cake isn't even all that good." She made a grimace. "You don't like strawberry ice cream? You monster."

He had to cover his mouth, so he didn't wake her up as he laughed. He grabbed his phone from the nightstand and began typing some of her words in his notes.

"Ricky likes that stuff too. I buy it for him sometimes."

He had no idea what she was referring to, but it didn't matter.

She blushes. "He's so pretty in the morning."

It took everything in him not to shake her awake so he could kiss her and tell her how stunning she was. He felt her smile against his bare chest.