Your Voice is a Drug & I'm High on It

Summary: AU where Ricky first meets Nini when she's doing a gig at a local bar and was enchanted by her voice.

*Rini fluff*

The songs in order: Pay Grade and Gross by Olivia Rodrigo

************************************************

"Ricky how long are you gonna mope around? It's starting to drain the energy of our apartment."

Ricky groaned loudly as he rolled over face down onto their couch. "Leave me to sulk in my misery."

Red rolled his eyes. "Dude, come on. You haven't hung out with anyone for the past two months. She broke up with you! And I'm pretty sure you didn't even love her. And to put the cherry on top, she cheated on you like twice."

Ricky groaned again at the horrible memory of him catching his ex girlfriend with another man on the night of their break up. She seriously thought he wouldn't walk in on them fucking on the couch when he always came home at 7? She either was careless with her timing or she wanted to get caught. He didn't love her, but with time it wouldn't have been impossible to get there. But it still stung. Either way, what's done is done.

"Thank you for reminding me that I will be forever alone despite being in a world where over 7 billion people exist."

"Dude if you don't get up in the next 5 seconds, I'll pour my cup of water on you. That is not a threat, but a promise." Red lifted up his cup and gave him what Ricky assumes was supposed to be his intimidating look (it looked more like a puppy begging for more food).

"You wouldn't dare." Ricky said scowling at him. "Try me bitch." They both had a stare down until Red threw the water at Ricky's face. Ricky yelped and fell to the floor at the sudden feeling of ice cold water on his skin. He could overhear Big Red laughing at his dismay and running away.

"Dude what the fuck?! I was gonna get up!" Ricky said standing up from the floor. Big Red was still laughing at him from across the room. "Well you didn't get up fast enough! Sucks to suck!"

Ricky began to speed walk to Red's side of the apartment. "Oh I'm so gonna kick your ass."

Ricky chased him across the island in their kitchen trying his best to speed up so he can tackle him. When they both began to run out of breath, Red held up a napkin from the counter as a white flag. "Alright truce, I'm winded."

Ricky smirked evilly. "We're not even until I get you back."

Big Red sighed obnoxiously. "Okay fine, but if I let you hit me then you have to go hang out with me tonight at this jazz bar called Gracie's I found downtown."

Ricky thought about it for a moment. It has been a second since he's done anything not related to moping or work, so it'd be nice to get out. Though jazz bars weren't his forte, he didn't mind trying something new. At least they're always calm unlike a club. Plus, he gets to punch Red. "Alright deal."

Red closes his eyes as he waits for Ricky to strike him. "Not the face, this is my money maker!" Ricky laughed and gave him a light hit to the upper arm.

Red winced and rubbed his arm. "You know actually that didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would."

"So tell me about this jazz bar Gracie's."

"Well it's pretty relaxed. They have live music with different artists every day. Weekends are a little more lively though, but I know you like calmer settings so today's a good day to hit them up."