Just Good Friends

Summary: Nini is forced to make a difficult decision.

*Rini hurt and comfort*

(The Wedding Date Universe)

************************************************

Nini knew Ethan and Ricky didn't get along, which she grew to get used to.

She'd be lying if she said she was okay with it though. The moment Ethan and Ricky officially met, she knew that they'd have a problem. She knew both men very well, which meant she knew their secret symbols.

Ricky had this death glare that he always got when he either was suspicious or didn't like somebody. He'd also clench his jaw if he saw someone he disliked.

Ethan had a menacing scowl and loved to challenge his enemies as a way to belittle them. She never liked that he did that, but it's not like she could stop it either.

She decided it was time to introduce Ethan to her friends after two months of dating since she figured they would end up being a serious relationship.

She brought him to EJ's 21st B'Day party with his permission of course so that she could introduce Ethan to the whole group at once.

It had been going pretty well, and Ethan got along with everybody. That is until he met Ricky. Ethan always tensed up when Nini would talk about Ricky, and she wasn't sure why. She liked to talk about her longest and most strongest friendship. Is that a crime?

Ricky had come up from behind Nini and spun her around as a way of saying hello. She giggled as her feet dangled in the air.

"Ricky put me down! I'm wearing a dress!"

He just laughed as he set her back on the ground quickly placing a kiss on her temple. (She had to stop her cheeks from warming up at the gesture). She turned around to face him while he kept his hands on her waist.

"Sorry Neens, you know how much I love to hug you."

"Why can't you hug me like a normal person for once?"

"Because normal is so boring."

She was about to say something but stopped when she heard Ethan clear his throat. She released herself from Ricky's hold and went over to her boyfriend's side.

"Ethan this my best friend-

"Let me guess, you're the famous Ricky."

Ricky looked at Nini. "Ah so you've been talking about me. I'm flattered. Hopefully she hasn't said too many bad things about me."

"No, not really. Matter of fact, I've only heard good things."

"Well it's good to finally meet you Ethan. I've heard a few things about you."

"Oh really just a few? That's funny because I've heard almost everything about you."

Nini felt him become a little hostile, but she doesn't think Ricky noticed it.

"Well I'm gonna go find Big Red, but you two have fun. Nice meeting you Ethan, and I'll catch up with you later Neens."

He gave Nini another kiss on the temple before walking away. Nini watched as Ethan scowled at his retreating figure.

"So what did you think of Ricky?"

He shrugged as he continued to stare down her friend. "Personally, not too crazy about a dude who kisses my girl in anyway."

"Oh don't worry Ricky isn't a threat. He's just very affectionate with his friends."

"If you say so."