Too Good to Say Goodbye

Summary: Ricky and Nini coping without each other during the summer they were on a break.

*Rini fluff/angst*

************************************************

Ricky had felt his nerves running wild in his body. His hands were shaking as he slowly approached her house on his skateboard. He's been on edge the past few days due to both his home life and Nini leaving for theater camp for a month and a half tomorrow.

He was gonna try his best to appear as if all was well in front of Nini since he knew she'd feel bad for leaving him while he's in a frenzied state. He didn't want to be the reason she stayed behind.

When he pulled up to her house, he lightly knocked on the door. He bounced on his feet nervously as he waited for the door to open. He was greeted by Momma D with a warm smile.

"Hi Dana."

"Hi Ricky! Come on in, she's upstairs packing." She held the door open for him, giving him a brief hug and taking his board. He quickly went upstairs to her room. Her door had been half way open, and he could see her folding clothes on her bed oblivious to his presence.

He knocked before entering, making her direct her attention to him. His heart warmed up at the smile she got on her face when she saw him. She dropped the shirt she was folding and ran up to him.

"Hey you." She loosely wrapped her arms around his neck as she gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Hey Neens."

"I was just packing the last few things. I thought I'd be done before you got here. After I'm done, I'm all yours."

"No rush. I'll wait on the bed." He gave her a peck on the cheek.

She blushed and released herself from him. Nini had been really giddy all week, and it wasn't only because she finally got to go to theater camp. For the past few weeks, she had come to realize that she had loved Ricky and wanted to tell him in a special way.

She had asked Kourtney and a few others what they thought was a nice way to say it for the first time. Kourtney had sent her a list of unique and cute ways to say those special three words, and Nini really loved the last suggestion.

She chose to write a love letter describing all the things she adored about him. She planned on saying it to his face after he was done reading it, and he would hopefully say it back. And then they'd kiss passionately like they usually do when they got really excited. She couldn't wait.

When she packed her final article of clothing, she joined him on the bed. She crawled into his arms, cuddling with him. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder to pull her closer and plants a kiss on her head.

"How do you wanna spend our last night until you leave?"

She guessed this was a better time than any to bring out the letter. She sat up straight. "Um actually I wanted to give you something before I left."

That piqued his interest. "What is it?"

She rolled over to her nightstand's drawer and pulled out a folder. She rested it in his hands. He looked down at the folder as if it were a foreign object.

"What's this?"

She smirked. "Open it and find out silly."

He smiled at her as he took the sheet if paper out. She rested her head on his shoulder feeling butterflies in her stomach. She really hopes that he likes it. He begins to read over the fancy cursive.

Dear Ricky,

I have enjoyed every single moment we've spent together, and I can't wait to witness how our relationship blooms in the future. These past 11 months have felt like paradise to me. Who would've thought dating my best friend would be this exhilarating? The only regret I have is that I didn't date you sooner.