Fix You

Summary: Ricky gets some bad news and begins to freak out, and there's only one person that knows how to calm him down.

*Rini hurt and comfort*

***********************************************

Ricky had been mildly worried about whatever his dad wanted to discuss when he got home from school today. This morning he had such a defeated and somber look on his face, so Ricky didn't exactly know what to expect to hear. All he knew was that it probably wasn't anything good.

Ricky wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt though. Maybe he looked so down because he was tired due to his lack of sleep, or maybe it's because he knew work would be stressful this week. When school was over, Ricky skated back to his home trying to guess what the news was.

"Hey dad, what is it that you wanted to talk about?"

His dad had been sitting at the counter head in one of his hands and a half empty glass of gin, which most definitely was not a good sign. His dad only drank when there was a party or he was upset, and something tells him that he wasn't celebrating.

When he saw his dad's eyes, his heart dropped. He had looked like he had gone to hell and back. His eyes were puffy and red from crying most likely. His skin was pale and the bags under his eyes were impossible to miss.

"Son you might wanna sit down for this."

Ricky cautiously took a seat across from him with a worried expression on his face. "Dad, what's this all about?"

Before he could answer, footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs. Ricky was stunned when he saw his mother with a few bags on her arms. He also hasn't seen her in about a month in a half due to her being in Chicago for a business trip.

"Ricky you're home." She didn't exactly sound thrilled to see her only child that she hasn't seen in over 30 days. It sounded more like she was dreading seeing him.

"Mom, when did you get in town?"

She sets her bags to the side and joined them at the counter. "I needed to come and get my things."

Ricky furrowed his brows and looked between both of his parents. "Get your things? Are you going on another business trip?"

He doesn't fail to miss the concerned glance his parents briefly shared. "Guys what's going on?"

His mom sighed. "Ricky, I'm going away again."

"Oh another trip; how long will you be gone?"

His mom nervously fiddled with her fingers. "You see that's the thing. It's not another business trip. I'm permanently moving to Chicago."

Ricky felt his world crumble around him. This was a lot worse than what he expected. "Wait are you saying that you two are splitting?! I thought you guys were going to therapy and that you were using Chicago as an escape for a little while."

"Ricky I'm sorry we didn't tell you sooner, but your mom and I just haven't been nearly as close as we used to be in the past few years. We tried to rekindle our relationship for your sake, but in the end we found there was no spark anymore."

Ricky couldn't believe anything he was hearing right now. This seemed like a fever dream. "This is insane."

"Your father and I will always love you though, and you're welcome to choose which parent you want to stay with. Something tells me you're staying here though."

"What's even in Chicago that's so fascinating anyways? Why there of all places? It's thousands of miles away from dad and I. Do you really need to be that far from your family? Are we that repulsive?"