There is no Greater Love

Summary: Ricky has always despised Valentine's Day ever since he could talk. He never got what the big deal was and thought it was a waste of money, but his girlfriend thought otherwise. To make him see the holiday in a different light, she goes out of her way to make it a day he'll look forward to.

*Rini Fluff*

***********************************************

Saint Valentine's Day, also known as the day of love. Many people look forward to spending the day with their loved one, others rue the horrid holiday for reminding them that they were once again single and dateless, and some people were indifferent about it in general. There is a fourth party of people that react to this holiday, and they are the negative-nancies.

They hated the holiday, not because they were single, but because they simply did not see the point in it. This crowd usually belittles the holiday and anything related to it, and they're willing to go out of their way to ensure they take no part in the festivities. And a certain curly-haired 30-year-old was in this category.

Ricky enters his local Aldi's for a few groceries and immediately scoffs when he sees the decor of the place. The place had plastic hearts hanging from the ceiling, the card section was occupied with hundreds of sappy romantic cards, an assortment of sweets and flowers were near the register for men who waited until the last minute, and even the air stenches of fluffiness and love.

It made him sick.

Though it may appear like he was anti-love, he very much was not. Matter of fact, Ricky has been in a handful of relationships in the past and was currently in his longest one yet. He just wasn't into the holiday like others were.

He quickly grabbed the few items he needed and paid before evacuating the store, not wanting to be there any longer than he had to. He was relieved to come home 10 minutes later and leaned against the front door. He released a loud sigh, which caused his girlfriend to look over at him.

"Hey you, you look like you've just seen a ghost. Work kicking your ass again?"

He smiles weakly when he spots her standing in the kitchen, rolling some dough for whatever meal she's preparing.

"It wasn't a ghost or work, but it was scary."

She glanced up at him with concerned eyes. "Who scared you? I'll beat their ass for you."

He chuckles and walks up to her, setting the groceries on the counter. He plants a kiss on her forehead. "No one, babe." He stands behind her and wraps his arms around her waist. He begins kissing up and down her shoulder and neck.

"Then what's wrong?"

"Nothing really. It's just that the forsaken holiday is coming up, and I have no desire to look at the cheesy decorations or feel the peer pressure from others that I'm crazy for not celebrating it."

She sighs when she puts two and two together. "Are you referring to Valentine's Day?"

"Yup." He says, popping the p.

She rolls her eyes. "I can't believe you let a holiday ruin the first 14 days of February for you."

"It's an evil holiday, and it's using its malicious ways to make me miserable."

"Sweetheart, you're the only one that's making you feel miserable."

"Great, now it's turning you against me. When will the agony end?"

She playfully nudges him. "Stop being ridiculous. What's so bad about it anyway? It's the day of love, an emotion we both love to feel."

"I just think it's insane that there's a day dedicated to it for profits sake. It's like a huge capitalist stunt made so that Hershey's, flower companies, jewelry stores, and Hallmark can make bank."