I Won't Say I'm in Love

Summary: The three times Nini ignored her growing feelings for Ricky and the one time she didn't.

*Rini fluff*

************************************************

When Nini and Ricky were 8, they were basically inseparable. They almost did everything together except for when Nini wanted to do more "girly" things like play with dolls or when he wanted to rough house with his guy friends.

A few weeks before Halloween, they had been at his house watching the Mickey Mouse Club House whenever she thought of an idea for their costume. "Hey Ricky! I finally know what I wanna be for Halloween!" She said shaking his arm roughly.

"What?"

"I wanna be Minnie! And you can totally be Mickey!"

He beamed. "Oh I like that idea! And I already have a Pluto doll upstairs to match. We gotta tell our parents to buy it."

"Let's tell Momma C since she's really good with making costumes."

That same night when Nini went home, she had asked her mom to make them and of course she thought it was such a cute idea. Nini made a disgusted face when her mom made a comment about how they were gonna look like a cute little pair.

She could never see him as more than just plain old Ricky. When Halloween finally came around, the costumes were all prepared for them. Ricky had come over so that Nini and a few others could walk with Momma D.

Kourtney and Big Red had automatically began to snicker when they saw Ricky and Nini as an iconic couple. When the kids began their trick or treating, many of the adults handing out candy also kept stating how cute they were together resulting in both of their faces to redden.

When they got back to Nini's, Kourtney had pulled her aside for a second when both Big Red and Ricky were trading candies on the couch. "Nini, can I ask you something real quick?" She asked in a low tone. Nini was beginning to become worried. "Yeah of course."

"Did you purposely choose Mickey and Minnie for you and Ricky because you liiikkkeeee him?" She questioned with a smirk on her face. Nini grimaced at her question, and she noticed that her face got a little warmer.

"No! I don't liikkeee him like that! We're just friends, and I thought it'd be cool for us to match that's all!" She whisper yelled.

Kourtney's smolder did not budge. "Mm hmm sure Neens."

Nini rolled her eyes as she turned around to walk back where the boys were with Kourtney close behind her. When she sat back down by her candy bag, the boy's looked at them. "What were you guys talking about?" Ricky asked.

Nini began blushing again while Kourtney began snickering into her palm. "It's nothing! Let's just trade candy. Do any of you like Almond Joys?" Nini said hoping to change the subject.

They all gagged at the mention of that abomination of a candy bar, and Nini put it in the reject pile. Ricky was curious what made her so jittery, but decided if she wanted to tell him she would've.

When it got later in the night, Red and Kourtney had said their goodbyes leaving the pair to themselves. Since it was a Friday, Ricky had asked to spend the night.

"Hey wanna watch a Halloween movie and eat candy until we pass out on the couch?" He asked.

She nodded and turned the TV on. "We should watch Halloweentown!"

"Yeah sounds good."

She turned on the movie and they sat and enjoyed their candy, but all of the sudden Kourtney's words began to haunt her brain.