Whoopsie Daisies

Summary: In which, Ricky messes up and only one thing can fix it.

*Rini Fluff*

***********************************************

Ever since Ricky and Nini have started dating, they've gone out of their way to show that they appreciate one another. Sometimes it'd be through chocolates, and other times one would surprise the other with jewelry. Though they both loved exchanging thoughtful gifts, they both really adored one love language.

The gifting of flowers, but not just any flowers, daisies.

The origin behind their love of daisies always put a smile on the couple's face when they thought of it. It all started three years ago when they began dating. They had been dating for about a two months and were still learning about each other since they had only met a year prior.

They decided to make Friday date night, and both always looked forward to it since each date was a little different from the next. One particular night, Ricky took her to a cutesy French café he found in Provo. The date had already been a special night since it was her 25th birthday.

Ricky had paid the manager extra so that they could be alone on the balcony of the café since he knew Nini would love that. He also bought a special meal where they could be served a portion of each item off the menu with bottomless café crèmes for two.

Nini was thrilled with the very extensive and attentive gift and thanked him countlessly throughout the dinner. When they were done, they had taken a walk down a breathtaking park. Nini's birthday was in the spring, which meant flowers were sprouting everywhere in the grass.

Since the weather was delightful and the park was basically a ghosttown due to the late hour, the happy couple decided to dance around the empty fields. It didn't even matter that there was no music, as long as they were having a good time.

When Ricky got too dizzy, Nini had pulled him away to an area where a bunch of flowers were blooming. She wanted to be next to the flowers, so he laid out his jacket on the grass so that they could sit on the ground.

Nini plopped down on the ground and began admiring the flowers with a gleam in her eye. He always found that sparkle she gets so adorable because it meant she was intrigued by something. She lights up whenever her eyes landed on a certain flower.

She reached over and plucked a handful of some of the most ravishing daisies she's ever seen in her life. He noticed how invested she was in the flower and figured they must've been her favorite.

"Earth to Nini."

She seemed to have snapped out of a daze. "Oop, sorry about that. I just really like daisies."

He chuckles. "I can see that." He scoots an inch closer to her. "Any particular reason why?"

She smiles and nods as she pushes a strand of hair behind her ear. "I was raised by a flourist, so I know a lot about flowers. They were always around my household growing up, so I grew to be into them myself. Ever since I was a little girl, daisies would always appear right before something amazing happened in my life. It was almost like a symbol of happiness and that something incredible was gonna happen in the near future. I know it sounds silly, but these flowers have not failed me yet."

He was very fascinated by her story. "Really? When were some times it gave you happiness right after appearing?"

"Well, the first time was when I was 7. I had been very sick for a week with the flu and felt like death. My moms had been too focused on dinner to notice I snuck into my Momma D's garden just to get some fresh air. I was drawn in by white flowers I had never seen before at the back of the yard, and there they were. Being the curious kid I was, I of course took a handful and brought them to my room. I put some in my hair and some on my dolls. The following day, I wasn't sick anymore, and my moms were genuinely blown away that I had just healed overnight."