Butterflies

Summary: Nini doesn't even have to try to make Ricky swoon for her.

*Rini fluff*

***********************************************

Ricky never understood what people meant whenever they said they got this weird ticklish yet pleasing sensation in their stomachs when they were around someone they adored. How on earth would that be a nice feeling? No part of it made sense to him in any way.

That is until he fell for his best friend.

It just kind of clicked one day. He had noticed that recently he had felt something odd in his stomach when she was around, and his heart would beat so fast that he was concerned he'd have to have it checked out.

After explaining his odd experience to Big Red, Red had smirked and told him that he was feeling butterflies and that he had a crush on Nini. Ricky of course denied him stating he only saw her as a good friend, but he found himself constantly thinking of her throughout the next few weeks.

He found himself becoming more attached with every passing day. He'd find some way to be near her, thought of different ways to make her smile or laugh, and buy her favorite chocolate bar just to make her happy. The ticklish sensation would only get more intense as time went on, and he had began to enjoy it.

It took him a full month after Red's words to accept the fact that he indeed had fallen for his longtime best friend. He wasn't ready to tell her anytime soon, but that wouldn't stop him from leaving little hints and admiring her.

At the moment, they were alone in his car in a In-N-Out parking lot listening to the playlist he had made for her when she's in the car. She was singing her heart out to Harry's song Adore You, and he felt the butterflies run wild inside him.

Everything about her was angelic. Her voice was so sweet, her pure happiness illuminating the atmosphere, her heavenly soul was shining as she sang each lyric with so much passion. She had turned to him as she sang, and he let himself believe that she had been singing to him.

She held onto his arm as she serenaded him, and he couldn't fight the warm feeling he got in his heart. "Come on Ricky, you gotta sing along or it's not as fun."

He obliged since he knew it'd make her happy. He decided to be just as over dramatic as her as he sang. He interlaced his fingers with hers, lightly kissing the back of her hand. She giggled at his motion not thinking much of it.

He shifted closer to her so that their heads were almost touching. He rested his thumb on her face causing her to meet his eye. She stopped singing allowing him to sing the rest of it as she was completely enchanted by him.

She began blushing at how intimate his gesture was, and he swore he saw her take a quick glance to his lips.

He moves his lips near her ear, his breath making her shiver. "I'd walk through fire for you. Just let me adore you. Like it's the only thing I'll ever do."

***

It's been three months since he found out he liked his best friend, and it seems like the butterflies are only getting more vigorous. He didn't mind one bit. He has fully reveled every second of falling even harder for her.

He didn't even try to hide it hoping that one day she'll catch all his hints. So far, it seems like she hasn't. Today, he decided to kick it up a notch with his attempts. He got the idea of writing compliments on post it notes in areas only she would find them throughout the day.

He had been walking over to his car when he felt someone grab his arm. He was pleased to see a very rosy cheeked and baffled Nini holding a bunch of sticky notes.