Passion Project

Summary: Ricky struggles to find something he is passionate about for his English class, so he gets a little help from a friend.

*Rini fluff*

************************************************

"Oh for fucks sake! It's useless!" Ricky shut his laptop rather harshly and sunk his body lower into the common room's couch.

"What's wrong? Still can't find a topic for your English class?" Nini asked taking a sip of her lemonade.

"Yes, I don't know why it's so damn hard for me to find something to gush about for like 5 minutes in front of the class. I don't even know why my professor is making me do a speech on something I care about in front of a bunch of 20 something year olds anyways. It seems a little personal; don't you think?"

"Yeah I can't argue with you on that one." She scooted closer to him and opened his laptop. "Here let me help." She began typing something which caught his attention.

"Ah here we go, how about you talk about music? I know you really like playing guitar. Maybe you could bring it in." She suggested.

Ricky grimaced at the thought of singing in front of people. He has never performed in front of anyone except Nini and once with Big Red. He waved the idea off. "Pass."

"Okay, how about you talk about a show or movie you like? I know you're really into The Office and the Kill Bill series. Those would be pretty cool."

He shook his head. He did love those things, but not enough to talk about it for a few minutes. "Nah, plus I'm pretty sure some kid already planned on talking about Tarantino films."

She sighed, closing his laptop. "Welp, I don't know how to help you Mr. insatiable. Happy searching though. I've gotta go to class in like 7 minutes, so I'll catch you later." She said giving him a quick hug and walking away.

He sighed as he watched her figure slowly disappear into the hallway. He really tried his best to think of something he's passionate about, but still couldn't. He decided to text his other best friend Big Red.

R: Dude, I for the life of me cannot think of one thing I love enough for my speech. It's due in a few weeks. Any ideas?

BR: Well have you considered possibly writing about someone you love instead of something?

Ricky pauses in his position. He indeed did not think of that possibility. But besides family members, he couldn't think of someone he loved.

R: No I did not think of that at all. But who the hell would I write about? I'm not interested in anyone rn.

BR: Are you serious? Dude I thought it was obvious who I was referring to.

R: What're you talking about?

BR: Dude write about Nini! You could probably write a whole book about your feelings for her if you wanted to.

Ricky almost dropped his phone when he read his response. He didn't love Nini like that, or at least he didn't think he did.

R: What're you going on about? I don't like her in that way!

BR: Surrreee yeah okay. It seems like you two are the only ones who don't know that you guys are crazy for each other.

R: Shut up! We don't think of each other that way!

BR: Dude no other girl has ever made you all giddy like she does. You may not notice it, but you literally will become ten times happier when she's around. You don't act like that with any of our other female friends. Explain how that's not love to me.