💕Be Mine, Valentine💕

Summary: In which, Nini finds the courage to ask her long time best friend to be hers.

*Rini Fluff*

~Loosely inspired by the above post~

(A/N: There's some exciting notes at the bottom you might wanna read!)

***********************************************

Valentine's Day was always one of Nini's favorite holidays. Her moms would always take her out to dinner at whatever restaurant she chose and would give her chocolates and cards stating how much they love her.

Her friends would commonly hand out little chocolates amongst one another at lunch, and that'd usually be the end of it. She used to be okay with that, but this year was different. This time she had wanted more than just a platonic card and some candy.

She wanted someone who likes her just as much as she did them to shower her with presents and flowers to express their feelings for her. She wanted to go have a romantic evening with someone special where they'd dress up and fight over the bill. She wanted him to walk her to her doorstep and be kissed under the stars. Was that too much for a girl to ask?

She still can't believe that the source to all of these cheesy fantasies was the curly headed teen sitting right beside her. Ricky was her longtime best friend who she had recently found herself smitten for. It freaked her out when she realized she fell for her best friend, but she eventually started to like the idea of them potentially dating.

They already knew everything about each other. They didn't have to worry about if their family or friends would get along, they could talk about anything without running out of topics to talk about, and they already trust one another.

Really he was the perfect match for her, but she had been terrified of what he'd say if she confessed. Ricky was not a fan of the romance thing and would commonly tease her for being such a hopeless romantic. He even scrunches up his nose when she mentions a rom-com couple she was gushing about.

She's never dared to ask about his love life. Something told her he wouldn't dare dating at the moment, but that doesn't stop her from fantasizing about what it'd be like if they were together. She knew it was a dangerous game to play, but she couldn't help it. I mean, can you blame her? He's breathtaking.

Sometimes he'd catch her staring, and he'd give her a smile. She always awkwardly smiled back before internally yelling at herself for not being slick. Other times he'd do something as simple as compliment her hairstyle, and she'd think about it for the rest of the week.

She had only told her female friends about her little crush since all of them were extremely open about their love lives with each other, so it didn't shock her when all of the girls cornered her at her locker with suspicious smirks.

Nini raises a brow at her friends. "Why do I feel like I'm not gonna enjoy whatever this is all about?"

Gina smiles. "That's because you might not."

Nini sighs and shuts her locker so she could lean on it. "Alright, what's going on?"

"Well, remember like two weeks ago when you were saying how you wanted to confess to Ricky but didn't know how?" Ashlyn asks. Nini nods. "Yeah well, Gina, Kourtney, and I thought that maybe you could tell him on Valentine's day. It's a little cliché, but it is the right atmosphere for confessing. What do you think?"

Nini folded her arms as she thought about their suggestion. "I don't know. I don't think he's the type that would be cool with something lovey dovey like that, and I'm not sure how he feels about me."