crushcrushcrush

Summary: In which, Nini suddenly finds herself becoming attracted to her best friend and has a hard time accepting it.

*Rini Fluff*

~Inspired by the episode "Quick Hardening Caulk" from New Girl, which is one of Riley's favorites~

A/N: This fic is a birthday gift to my dear friend Riley!!! Go wish her a happy birthday!! Hope you like this! ziggyhsmtmts

***********************************************

"Brooooooweennn pour me another sip of that good shit." A drunken EJ slurs as he slams his glass on the bar counter.

Big Red, Nini, and Ricky all looked at him equally confused and a tad annoyed, but they tried not to show it since he was in such a vulnerable state.

"Dude, that's a small glass of lime margarita, and you've had like one glass of it. How're you possibly wasted?"

EJ slumps down in his chair. "I've had a lot of it."

"You're only drinking the mix; there's no alcohol in it! A pregnant woman could drink that if she wanted to."

"Then bottoms up for me I guess." EJ reached behind the counter Ricky was working at and began chugging the mixer, making the other three groan.

Ricky grimaced. "Dude! You're gonna get me fired! I really worked hard for this job."

"Well, maybe if you explain to your boss that the love of my life is going to marry some dude she's betrothed to in two months she'll understand."

"I highly doubt she will bud."

EJ dropped his head on the counter and spoke under his breath to no one. Ricky sighed as he looked at his friend dealing with emotional distraught and poured him an actual shot of tequila. He slides it in front of him.

"Here, it's on the house, but no more freebies for the rest of the night guys."

All of them make some sound of disapproval.

"When the hell did you start charging us?" Big Red asks.

"When Natalie put those cameras right where you can see me." Ricky points at the newly installed security to prove himself.

"Boo!!" They chant in unison as they throw napkins and straws at him, only some of which he successfully dodged.

Ricky held up his hands in surrender. "Yeah, yeah, I know it sucks, but I love my job and don't plan on getting terminated. And we all know Natalie is terrifying when she's angry, and I'm not tryna upset her after the last time I fucked up." He got chills just thinking of her reddened face.

"Take On Me" begins to play in the crowded bar, causing EJ to smile from ear to ear. "Oh shit; that's my song! I gotta dance!" He takes Nini's shot straight from her hands without permission, runs to the middle of the bar, and begins gyrating awkwardly in the midst of other intoxicated people.

The trio of friends weren't sure if they should laugh at him or cry for him with how looney he was being.

"Poor EJ. I don't know how I'd act if I found out someone I loved was gonna marry some random dude." Nini says as she steals a shot from Big Red's shot tray to make up for the one taken from her.

Big Red nods. "Yeah, he did not react well the first night he heard about Gina and Jack."

Nini broke the news to him since he was gonna find out sooner or later, and because Gina didn't plan on saying anything until the week of the wedding since she knew he'd react like this. All three roommates had to comfort him for hours by binge watching almost every episode of Sex and the City for a week straight and making sure he ate.