Chapter 21: Strategy

Zhang Zhiyin gradually realized that the remaining population of the Yulin Base was only around 700 people, over 70% of them were ability users, and there were only twenty elemental abilities users with strong fighting capacity, their levels were also at Level 2 or 3. The first leader was the only fire ability user in the base who was about to break through the fifth level. He had been working diligently on the front lines of the base.

It was said that the leader wasn’t the strongest person here before. There used to be a well-rounded team passing through the newly built Yulin Base. When they left, they announced that they could take all the people above Level 4 with them. At that time, all the strong people above Level 4 in Yulin Base chose to leave, only the leader who had just risen to Level 4 remained. Afterward, he naturally became the leader.

Since then, two or three more people in the base had broken through Level 4, but they had left also due to different circumstances. All that remained was the leader.

The current ability detection technology could not detect dual powers. It could only detect the highest level of an ability, so the leader regarded Zhang Zhiyin as a Level 4 ice ability user.

Zhang Zhiyin was unanimously welcomed by the people at the base.

For the people in Yulin Base, living was their biggest goal now. To have a stronger person here meant to have more hope for their life.

On the third day, Zhang Zhiyin received his first assignment.

The leader asked him with a bitter face, “Zhiyin, can you take someone to look at the ruins in the northeast? There should be a high-level psychic zombie inside because it affects many ordinary people in our base, making them unable to sleep well. During the day there will be hallucinations and even mental disorders. Xiao Jin has explored that area with his psychic ability, but his level is so low that he can only judge that there is a zombie with a higher level than him.” Xiao Jin was the only psychic ability user in the base and he was at Level 2.

Zhang Zhiyin agreed.

The leader was so excited, he patted him on the shoulder and encouraged him, “Okay! I’ve not mistaken you! Twenty people in our team are under your command! You go back and have a rest first. I’ll see you formally in the evening.”

At night, when Zhang Zhiyin finished his dinner, he heard a knock at the door and he didn’t put any thought into it. He went and opened the door. He saw a crowd of men and women standing in the corridor; there were fat, thin, old and young people. He saw their eyes glittering before they all stopped and shouted, “Greeting captain, listening to the command of the captain!”

The leader stood at the front of the line simply and said with a triumphant smile, “What’s the matter? Are the people in our team good?”

Zhang Zhiyin felt only the darkness in front of his eyes and fainted directly.

You needed to know that when Zhang Zhiyin was growing up, the only biggest leadership role he had taken before was to collect his classmate’s and his homework. To suddenly let him command twenty people to fight the zombies with their lives on the line; he later responded to this task and felt that… It’s a little difficult.

Fortunately, as soon as he opened his eyes, he returned to the real world, which was in line with his thought that it was time for him to go back. At least he did not have to face that arduous task right away.