Chapter 39

Chapter 39

You Kun himself was a psychic ability user, and he was more than familiar with any mind attack. So in that split second, he was sure that he had been attacked and entered the illusion created by the other party. However, he wasn’t able to avoid it— which was normal. After all, his opponent was a Level 6 psychic ability user, so long as he bore in mind that everything was fake and just ignore the content, everything would be fine.

In this space, he once again underwent his childhood to his adulthood, and finally, to the end of the world… All kinds of emotions flashed by in great volatile… pride, panic, arrogance, fear, grievance, joy… And finally, he was back in today’s battle. Just when he was about to be happy that he finally broke free of the illusion, an ice arrow suddenly pierced his heart and froze all of his blood.

They lost the battle and were expelled from the base. In the beginning, they went to a small base, and relying on their ability levels, they became the most powerful people in the base. They led a life of riding roughshod over the people. But, under all sorts of sugar-coated attacks, Wang Feng soon fell in love with someone else. He personally killed him, dug out his crystal nucleus and gave it to his new lover. The crystal nucleus of a Level 4 psychic ability was considered a generous gift. He knew he was dead, but his consciousness seemed to be attached to his crystal nucleus and he looked at all this in cold eyes. So, it turned out that the people of this base hated how he and Wang Feng acted, however, they had a secret way to strip others off of their abilities and use them for their own use. They were willing to tolerate them all this time because they took a fancy to Wang Feng and his abilities. After getting him killed, they once again made an attempt to strip off Wang Feng’s ability. Eventually, Wang Feng, who had become an ordinary man, ran out with his crystal nucleus that was extracted from its energy. He didn’t run too far away before he was attacked and killed by a horde of zombies. He watched his former lover slowly dying off, and in his heart, there was only the pleasure of getting his revenge done.

Yun Kun who was fully immersed in the illusion had lost senses of his surroundings. He had long forgotten his original advice to himself and was unable to differentiate whether this was reality or fantasy. It was not until he saw Wang Feng completely cease his breathing that he became clear-headed. He lifted his eyes and it was still the barren piece of land. But before his consciousness returned to himself, he felt a coldness in his chest. An ice arrow pierced his heart and froze all of his blood.

It was the exact same scenario he had seen in the illusion.

The terrified You Kun did not notice that Wang Feng, who was fighting side by side with him, had the same exact expression as him, and there was also an ice arrow in his chest.

The outcome of the battle had been decided and an electronic sound beeped, prompting that 30 seconds later, players would be disconnected from the virtual reality scenario.

Zhang Zhiyin also heard the prompt, he turned to Yin Nian and asked him prudently, “Yin… Dr. Yin, is the battle over?” He was trembling in fear and dared not look at him squarely in the eyes, instead, he stared at his chin.

“Yes.” Yin Nian briefly replied and stood up. He turned his back and looked into the distance, only leaving his back figure for Zhang Zhiyin to see.

Zhang Zhiyin felt like Boss was throwing a tantrum… He knocked on his head and pursed his lips, peeking at the figure before pondering to himself quietly. When they were lying down just now, his temperament was clearly very gentle and good-spirited. It was just like every time he had played with the cat, but it suddenly changed… The brain circuit of the boss was really quite unusual.