Chapter 24: Dream

Zhang Zhiyin walked towards the man step by step.

The surrounding was soundless as if there were only two of them left in the world.

When he came behind him, the man still stood quietly. Wordless and silent, without saying anything; just like he had always been before.

Zhang Zhiyin gently put his arms around his waist and leaned his head on his back. He murmured, “Yin Nian…”

The name that hovered thousands of times on the tip of his tongue was finally vocalized out.

Yin Nian turned around quietly. He looked down at him with black eyes that were still without waves.

Zhang Zhiyin suddenly panicked.

This person in front of him… It was the real Yin Nian with a real presence, real breathing, and even had a heartbeat like any ordinary people.

He panicked and wanted to let go, but he was held back by the other party.

Yin Nian put his left hand behind him and held Zhang Zhiyin’s hand to keep him from moving. He put his right hand in front of him and slowly touched his face.

“Zhiyin…” He said. His voice was low and there was something unreal in his eyes.

Zhang Zhiyin lost control of his movements for a moment and looked at him in a daze. As if he suddenly did not know how to react to Dr. Y who could move and speak.

“Zhiyin.” Yin Nian called him again, and without waiting for his response, he lowered his head and kissed his lips. It was a gentle temptation with a hint of cautiousness—identical to what Zhang Zhiyin did to him countless times before in the dark abandoned laboratory.

Zhang Zhiyin did not move. With a trace of confusion, he quietly closed his eyes.

————————

The next morning, Zhang Zhiyin woke up in the shabby little bed in the base bedroom. Yin Xiaoxiang was nested on his neck, sleeping.

He turned around and examined himself. He found nothing unusual.

It seemed that last night was a dream, he dreamed of the real Dr. Y.

Zhang Zhiyin pressed his forehead that was accompanied by dizziness. He washed and went out for breakfast with a headache that seemed to arise from having insufficient rest.

When Dadao saw him, he quickly reported, “Captain, there is something wrong with the psychic zombie.”

“What’s wrong?” Breakfast was still the nutrient medicine. Zhang Zhiyin was not picky and ate together with everyone. He also casually asked this.

“I dreamed about my wife last night. It was very real, unlike a dream. I walked with her in the street. She tried on clothes and I carried her bag.” Speaking of this, his eyes went bitter and astringent. “But that was not true at all. My wife has been gone for a long time. Later, Xiao Jin found out that I wasn’t in the room. He asked the night watchers to come out and look for me before he found me sleepwalking on the way to that attic. They sent four people to restrain me and took me back.”